2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Love this car!

2010 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

Love this car!
By Rino on

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I sold my Mazda RX-8 to buy, and I couldn't be happier. I've been wanting to buy a more practical hatchback with better fuel economy but still sporty, and the Golf fits that description exactly. Although not nearly as powerful as my Mazda, it has plenty of acceleration, and I'm having fun trying to get the best mileage. It also has very good handling, again not as good as the Mazda, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is. One other thing, compared to my high-pitched rotary, the diesel sounds very deep, and it's a sound I'm growing to love more and more. Also, definitely go with the manual, although I do hate automatics.

I love the interior, it feels like quality. The base TDI radio is great. I use the MDI to connect a portable drive for music and SD memory cards. At first I wasn't thrilled about getting bluetooth, but now I use it all the time, it's a useful feature.

Increase the supply! Very few available in the US, especially manual transmission. I drove 1.5 hours to buy mine. Also, add more options, only one interior color! Lastly, I'd want enhanced bluetooth to provide phonebook access (see, you got me hooked).