In a class all it's own.
By Denster2u on
2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I've read many reviews about this car and price keeps coming in to play regarding the market this car competes in. I'd have to say this is a truly premium, upscale compact car with engineering and sophistication unmatched by the likes of the Mazda 3, Honda Civic, and others not worth mentioning. The execution of the VW Golf from top to bottom, including materials and build quality, refinement, comfort, and ride and handling is in a class all it's own. I thinks it's worth every penny extra over it's competitors. This is truly a driving enthusiast's car, with fuel efficiency that rivals many hybrids.
Favorite Features
The tactile feel of everything you touch on this car. Simplicity and functionality of all the controls. Precise steering and taught suspension. Firm supportive seats. Diesel efficiency.
Suggested Improvements
Some omissions left me scratching my head, like automatic headlights and an auto-dimming rear view mirror. The biggest annoyance is that the 12-volt accessory outlets power off with the key. Sometimes, I'd like to leave my phone to charge in the car, or power other devices with the car off.