2010 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Golf TDI...worth the money

2010 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

Golf TDI...worth the money
By tdi dan on

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The Golf TDI may be at the expensive end of the economy car segment, but it's worth it. Premium materials inside, excellent quality, great driving experience, and fantastic fuel economy are all worth the price of admission. I considered a Jetta Wagon TDI, but chose the Golf TDI instead...the suspension is firmer on the Golf, and to equip a Jetta Wagon to the same level as the Golf would have made the Jetta considerably more expensive. It's got very roomy front and back seats, and the front seats are similar to the seats in the GTI so they are sporty yet comfortable.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy: I'm averaging 37 mpg in the city, 45 on the highway, I've hit 50 mpg for one trip, and I'm not babying the car. Interior materials suggest a FAR more expensive car. Handling is great with VW's sport suspension. The headlights illuminate the sides when turning at night.

Suggested Improvements

I'd love to have the plaid cloth from the GTI on the seats...the black cloth with white checkerboard pattern is nice, but I'd prefer the plaid.