2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Far and away the best in class

2010 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

Far and away the best in class
By vwgolf420 on

2010 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my third VW. I traded a 2005 Hyundai Elantra, which was a competent car, but having had a 1969 Beetle and a 1997 Jetta before, I felt called back into the VW fold, so to speak. The only car in the class that comes close to offering the same lively character in driving is the Mazda 3, but it lacks the refinement in ride quality. Having had an 03 Mazda Pr5 and the aforementioned Hyundai in between VWs, it's odd seeing that the revs are so low as I'm driving. The ummph comes in low. I'm seeing 25/26 in the city and 31/32 on the highway. Build quality appears impeccable and the material quality is on par with MB, BMW, and, most obviously, Audis in which I've ridden or driven.

long list... That solid German feel, handling, ride quality, braking, fit & finish, the dash computer, seats are amazingly comfortable, good gas mileage (my first car with more than 4 cylinders), manuverability. I've always loved the Golf for it's quirky looks, but the MkVI is downright handsome.

Arm rest.