2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Best Car I've ever owned

2010 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

Best Car I've ever owned
By perkins77 on

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I recently bought a 4 door TDI and it's the best car I've ever owned (8 other vehicles). The handling is nimble and responsive, and there is plenty of power. The immediate stomp on the accelerator from a dead stop is not as quick as a gti or bmw e46, but it's very good for a diesel and for what you pay for. The mileage is awesome and the ride is smooth. There aren't too many extras, but they are key ones: bluetooth, paddle shift, sport mode, sunroof. I'm 6'6" and have tons and tons of room in the front. Cold weather package is great.

Bluetooth and radio are excellent. Sport mode works really well and revs the engine more aggressively. Sunroof is a little weird to operate but once you know how it works. heated seats are awesome + cold wthr pkg.

Leather/leatherette option. Sunglass holder needs to be a little bigger. Sunroof dial operation is not intuitive. I would like a special color like forest green, that is only available in the tdi. Just a nod to the pro-green people.