A Great Little 4-Door Hatchback
By Car Enthusiast on
2010 Volkswagen Golf 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
Bought it as a surprise BD present for wife to replace her 03 CR-V. Dealer gave me $3k off the msrp! I did some research before I bought. But took the car on the 1st test drive because the deal they offered me was too good to resist. The quality is the best in its class. Fronts seats are very huggy and supportive. We get about 23 city and 32 hwy. I am somewhat disappointed at the power from 170 hp motor. Test drove the new Camry with 2.5L motor seemed a lot more peppier. To take off from stop in D, there is a hesitation. I thought it starts in 2nd but when I put it to M it does show 1st. However, if you take off in S mode, the car seems to be much more peppier with better throttle response.
Favorite Features
Seat Comfort. Best ride/handling compromise. Great suspension that soaks up bumps well. Excellent steering feel and road feel. Very quiet and smooth on the road. Great interior functional. design. Blue tooth works great. Rear folding seats with fold down center arm rest with skis or pole passage.
Suggested Improvements
Better throttle response(there is a little throttle lag in D). Center arm rest. When you exit the seats to access the hatch; you'll always have to unlock it first even though you already unlocked the car when you enter the car.(not convenient; make the hatch only locked when you lock up the car)