2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews 7

2010 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
From a Focus to a Golf.......
By Dave H on 01/25/10 09:46 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2010 Golf as a replacement for a 2006 Ford Focus. Going from the little Ford to the Golf is the difference between night and day. More power, better ride, tighter feel on the road - I mean really..... it's a whole different car. I wanted a three door hatchback so that meant either a Yaris, an Accent or the Golf. There is no comparison between the three cars - The Golf is the clear winner even though it costs more and gets less miles per gallon. The VW is just simply a much better value for the money.

Great Car
By Heat on 01/17/10 06:54 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I owned a 2007 Mazda 3 Grand Touring prior to the Golf. I was test driving the new Mazda 2010 5 Door hatch, and I almost bought one until I test drove the golf. Well the Golf beats the Mazda 3 hands down. The build quality of the Golf is absolutely better. The interior nothing but pure quality and design. The 170hp 5 cylinder is very powerful, more powerful than the new Mazda 3's 2.5. If your considering a Mazda3, test drive a Golf. You will be quite surprised.

2010 Golf TDI DSG
By Jimbo on 01/01/10 21:47 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I just bought a 2010 Golf TDI in the waning hours of 2009. In my limited time with the car is has exceeded my expectations. I bought this car primarily as a commuter vehicle for its high fuel economy. So far the mileage has been great and its performance has exceeded my expectations. Most other cars that get similar mileage are about as fun as an iPod to drive. The build quality is good and the car feels solid. The mark VI Golf looks like it will be a winner although time will be the judge of that.

overall an excellent car
By leuparaleu on 12/13/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love my little car; but a few things still have to be improved. The seaters and the stearing wheel have a limited adjustment. The radio loose some time the reception and the arm rest is a too inefficient. The outside mirror adjustment is inconvenient to use

Wow, what a joy to drive
By adstein on 12/12/09 15:41 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This car is an amazing blend of efficiency and performance. Fit and finish is fantastic. Handling is superb, like a go cart. The only drawback is that no upgrade options are available for the interior - no leather or color options just black cloth.

Get ready for take off....Golf TDI 2010
By Arnold in Wichita on 12/03/09 17:00 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Just bought a new 2010 Golf TDI, moving up from a 95 Golf III Sport, Fantastic. Fun to drive. Picked up on Wed and drove to Denver overnight for Thanksgiving. Handled perfectly all night. Took it to Loveland Pass, 11,099 ft, and to Breckenridge while there and it performed great, just ate up the mountains. Plenty of power to eat up the switchbacks and the altitude. Room for stuff in back i.e. groceries, bike w/wheels off, need a bike roof rack now, and luggage too. Love the 6 speed manual 80 mph at 2,200 rpm. A real solid car and really fun to drive too. Great, best VW I have owned. Best drive to Denve I have ever had. 1,500 miles in first week. Everything Bob in R.I says and more. later

EXCELLENT VALUE in TDI form
By mtlangley on 12/01/09 07:05 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Fit and finish is great, as with most german made autos!! Drives like a sports car, but feels like a luxury car on the inside. If your going to buy one you should opt for the TDI it gets real 48 mpg on the highway!! The TDI also comes loaded, the only options I added was moonroof and bluetooth at 1200 extra for both. If your thinking hybrid, take a look at this clean burning diesel (WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR) you won't be disappointed!!

Worth every Penny
By Bob in R.I. on 11/20/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car is fun to drive! Its handling is outstanding. Parking is as easy as it gets. The steering feel is just right. A comfortable driving position is very easy to obtain. The interior is well designed and the fit and finish is first rate throughout. Gauges and controls are well placed and easy to use. There is ample room to hold your groceries, packages, etc in the rear under the hatchback. By the way, the DSG six-speed automatic is the best I’ve ever driven! Fuel mileage is awesome—better than the government’s estimates. What a great little commuter vehicle this is—solid, comfortable, economical, quiet, safe and fun to drive! Oh, did I mention the $1,700 tax credit?

Outstanding Value/Performance in Class
By Professor on 11/18/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I would disagree with the first reviewer's comments on how quiet the little car is. One of the things I enjoy most about driving the stout and zippy little car is hearing the 5cyl, 2.5L, 270hp engine wind up as I'm manually shifting through the gears. Gone are the days of anemic VW base- model engines; this engine is more than ample. From my research, it's only approx. 1 second slower 0-60mph than the 200hp GTI. What I like about the base model Golf is that it gets its power honestly, via a naturally- aspirated engine (no turbos needed). The ergos and handling are very similar between my Golf and the 2010 GTI I test drove. Being able to run 87 octane instead of premium is a plus too!

Golf TDI...worth the money
By tdi dan on 11/11/09 15:02 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The Golf TDI may be at the expensive end of the economy car segment, but it's worth it. Premium materials inside, excellent quality, great driving experience, and fantastic fuel economy are all worth the price of admission. I considered a Jetta Wagon TDI, but chose the Golf TDI instead...the suspension is firmer on the Golf, and to equip a Jetta Wagon to the same level as the Golf would have made the Jetta considerably more expensive. It's got very roomy front and back seats, and the front seats are similar to the seats in the GTI so they are sporty yet comfortable.