2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Hole in One
By jclaxton on 06/24/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Exterior: - aggressive looking face - styling not overdone - lustrous metallic paint - perfect size for city driving - wide stance for a small car - dual exhaust - no door moldings (sleeker look) - hidden lift gate latch interior: - soft touch materials/padding - stitched bolstered sport seats - cool red lighting instrument cluster - tilt/telescoping steering wheel - height adjustable seats - lumbar driving experience: - quiet (low road and wind noise) - great steering feel and agile handling - hugs corners, no body lean - accelerates nicely misc: - solid for its size (great crash test scores) - graphite coated wiper blades (quiet swipes) - galvanized steel body panels (resist rust)

Best Car I've Ever Had
By sfoust on 06/20/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. What a blast to drive, and it's quite practical for carrying passengers and cargo too! Styling is great IMO inside and out, but I wish there were more color options for the interior besides black. Still, the quality of the interior is unmatched in this price range. It feels like I'm driving something much more expensive which brings me to my next point. Yes, this car may have a starting price above other rivals, but it also comes with more standard features. An equivalently featured civic will run you almost as much money. This car is super solid and handles great. Even with it's sporty intentions, the ride is comfortable and compliant. I Love My Golf!

Amazing value!
By Sin on 06/18/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

You really get a lot for your money with the 2010 Golf. The VW is a bit pricier than its competition, but you get what you pay for, because unlike its competitors it's no tin can! Everything about this car is top notch. It handles well with very tight, and responsive steering. The Golf is well isolated from road noise, suspension soaks up bumps, and wind noise is so subdued it's almost nonexistent. The overall fit and finish is a cut above previous generations and feels more 3-series than corolla. After all, it didn't win "World Car of the Year" award for nothing. Let's be honest, the Golf is the only car in its class that you wouldn't be ashamed to take your date in to a 5-star restaurant.

love my golf
By Haley on 06/01/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This was my first brand new car and I could not be happier. It's extremely fun to drive, gives a very solid ride, and has a million little things about it that I just love, like the entertainment from watching people try to open the hatch. Plus, the back seats are very spacious and easy to get into, even though it is a 2-door. And I love getting 30 mpg on average.

Excellent desing, questionable quality
By Karaya on 05/26/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car after happily driving 95 Golf for 10 years, so this '10 Golf has very big shoes to fill. The car looks sharp, feels very comfortable and very confident on the road. It has just right amount of power not to be sluggish and not to waste fuel at the same time. What I am not so exited about is workmanship quality. It does not live to the hype so far. First, there was annoying air hissing from the door, because the rubber seal does not fit well. The dealer had to tighten the door lock. Then the b-pillars trims started crackling and clicking at ~2k miles. Other people on WV forums also reported water draining issues from the doors. I really hope problems stop here.

A BMW 3 Series disguised as a hatchback
By City Boy on 05/25/10 23:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My Tornado Red 4-door Golf is a delight. Drives like a much larger car. Has lots of power and rides/handles great. Amazing but the quality of interior materials is of a $35,000 car. Also, has great stereo sound and rides quietly on the road (more so than my wife's 07 Accord). Test drove most compact hatchbacks and this one is superior, i.e. Hyundani Elantra Touring, Subaru Impreza, Mazda 3, Toyota Matrix, Kia Rhondo and a few more. Try it and you'll buy it.

Finally A VW owner
By Pom on 05/11/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've always wanted to own a VW ever since I started driving back in '01, now that I am an owner of the '10 golf I'm very satisfied. First day I put 140 miles with a bright smile on my face, I feel very safe in this car than my Honda Civic Si 2 dr. I do miss driving manual transmission, but its for the best for now.

No brainer
By ticarre on 04/26/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is a no-brainer if you have the few extra bucks needed to buy it. The comfort level is way above its class, and so is the handling. The engine is peppy enough, yet smooth and powerful. The in-dash computer helps a lot to regulate your driving habits if you want to save on gas.

A Solid Little Car
By Joe on 03/12/10 09:30 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I'm surprised by the smooth ride and the low end torque.The gas mileage is alot better than my 2008 Mazda 3 and absords bumps better and the engine is quiet. It handles great as it corners nice and the steering is tight. The cabin is topshelf like a cockpit with nevery thing in you line of sight. I tried the Civic and my Golf rides so much smoother and the Mazda was bad, too much road an engine noise.

Golf is good
By David on 03/12/10 03:48 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Traded a 2003 MB E-320 on a 2010 Prius, and the Prius on this. The MB certified pre-owned warrantee ran out, and I worried about pricey repairs. The Prius was cool, bigger, but was boring to drive, and it felt cheap. The VW retains some of the MB satisfying qualities, in a car I can more afford to buy new, which includes a new car warrantee. It has nice touches, like the MB did, rubberized dashboard covering, nice, precise wheels on the air vents, that click like they're jeweled, when you switch them closed. The motor is very MB-like: torquey, very deep torque band: nice at slow speeds, but plenty of very satisfying room for your foot to go down. Very satisfying, fun, likable car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback in NJ is:

$228 per month*