2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: 10,000 Update

2010 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

10,000 Update
By deusexmaxima on

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After 10K miles in 7 months (drove from Atlanta, where I bought it, to Los Angeles), I'm happy to say that my TDI has exceeded my expectations. Reliability has been excellent, other than the TPMS warning light that was fixed with a software update. My best mileage has been 52.5 mpg, and the solidity has held up pretty well, even over rough LA freeways. Acceleration is as spirited as ever, and I still marvel at the sport seats every time I sit in them (I'm almost 6'3", and achieving this kind of comfort in a small car is no easy feat). Does anyone (who doesn't have ten kids or weigh more than 400 lbs) really need more than this car offers? In my opinion, no.

Frugality, seat comfort, versatility of hatchback, and of course, all that torque….a lot of guilt-free fun. The car covers all points of debate favorably, and rarely leaves you with any lingering sense of compromise. That, to me, is the sign of a great automobile.

Better storage in center console.