2006 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: My baby

2006 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

GL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My baby
By m33k0n on

2006 Volkswagen Golf GL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Golf back in September, and I was struck by an Impala within the past week..Not sure on the damage yet, but the car did good and I was safe. Golf was a quick car, but the transmission liked to "clunk" when the engine wasn't heated up to 90 for some reason. It is comfortable to sit in for long periods of time, and the seat is very adjustable (i'm 4'11" and it suits me very well!) the stereo sounds amazing compared to other cars I have drove in. (Kia Rio, Fiat 500, Ford F150). The car took to bump roads well. Handles well with sharp turns, and it's great in the snow. It's also been -30 here and it's still working fine.

Handling Stereo Suspension Size Good in snow Cute Good for a first car Decent Price for a very good car Don't have to get power windows, doors, etc. 127,000 and it still drives very well.

Isn't very good on gas, but Volkswagen has an extended warranty on the catalytic converter out at the moment..hoping that is the reason for it. I don't know how to calculate MPG, but I only get 311km to a FULL tank of gas, and I do most city driving. (Automatic/gas)