2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Don't understand the Hybrid Hoopla
By smarkway on 04/19/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Since I purchased my diesel Golf, I have driven 10,000 miles and my miliage has improved from 40/48 to 42/48. I get 600 miles to the tank of fuel on the highway. The only problem to date is a plugged water line for the rear wiper/washer. The cruise contol is ackward to use.

Best MPG for the Buck
By vegas on 02/02/06 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The buzz surrounding hybrid gas / electric vehicles shamefully ignores the major maintenance expence of a replacement battery for the drive train. Forgetting about the maintenance cost of hybrid vehicles, if you take into account the fact that they usually get less than their stated gas mileage consumers should avoid them. Ask anyone if they get the stated MPG from a hybrid, they don't. Then ask a diesel driver, and they all will report at times getting much better than their vehicle's stated gas mileage. Don't forget that diesels cost $4-5K less up front than hybrids - that has gotta' still mean something. I forgot to mention that CO2 emissions are 25% less from diesel. Regular gasoline is more dirty than diesel fuel.

Diesels rule
By TDIfab on 11/18/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I purchased my 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI about two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I have put over 300 miles on it so far and still have a little more than half a tank left, this tank was filled full when I purchased it.

VW - Rocks!
By VW-man on 10/14/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Volkswagen Golf has been a very reliable, fun car to own. I carpool to work and have fit 4 adults in it semi-comfortably. I also have taken it on road-trips with my girl and dog, there is always plenty of room. I am now looking into running "green" diesel (100% clean). Apparently no modifications are needed to accomidate the alternaive fuel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.