2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Buy a diesel! Then convert it to HHO hyb
By seamist on 09/08/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Awesome car made better with HHO system. I wouldn't bother with a VW that's not diesel, why would you? 40-50 mpg race car! How can you get any better?

I love it! 40 mpg minimum
By seamist on 07/20/09 11:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I love my TDI! It is fun to drive, comfortable, and fuel economy is great! I am putting a hhoxygen.com hydrogen kit on it this week and it is supposed to double it's mileage. I get up to 50mpg with used ff grease now! Can you imagine 80-100 mpg on McDonald's poison leftovers?

TDIs are the greatest!
By JD400 on 12/24/07 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I now have 60000 miles on my Golf TDI and am still astounded by the quality of this little car. Fuel mileage continues to average 45 MPG, and the car remains solid and problem free. I can drive it hard when the mood strikes, but it's also great for hauling stuff. Rear seats fold completely flat, making a nice cargo area. Highly recommended little car. If considering a used TDI, make sure the proper VW spec motor oil was used in the engine. Regular motor oil will gum up the turbo and other engine parts.

70 mpg
By crazzy on 08/24/06 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The Golf GLS TDI is a comfortabe car that gets 70 mpg at 60 mph on flat ground without the A/C on and 47 mpg at 75 mph with the A/C on. It will do extremely high speeds in 5th gear. It even runs great on 20% soy oil or any other kind of veggie oil. The only down side is you must cool down the turbocharger for up to five minutes.

Golf TDI
By robert koepp on 07/13/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a great little car. I'm glad that I bought it when I did. It seems they are hard to come by. I keep very careful record of my gas mileage and the overall average is approxiately 43 miles/gallon. It is a great little car that seems to be well built.

Nick's Review
By NickDouglas on 05/17/06 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This car has been a dream. It gets 44 mpg combined and I don't drive slowly. It has more than enough power and great acceleration even with 4 passengers. I am waiting for the warranty to run out so I can convert the car to run on used cooking oil, no Prius can do that.

Diesels rule
By TDIfab on 11/18/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I purchased my 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI about two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I have put over 300 miles on it so far and still have a little more than half a tank left, this tank was filled full when I purchased it.

VW - Rocks!
By VW-man on 10/14/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Golf Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Volkswagen Golf has been a very reliable, fun car to own. I carpool to work and have fit 4 adults in it semi-comfortably. I also have taken it on road-trips with my girl and dog, there is always plenty of room. I am now looking into running "green" diesel (100% clean). Apparently no modifications are needed to accomidate the alternaive fuel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.