VW Service Stinks!
By milehighassassin on
2005 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
I have loved this car. I bought it because I drive about 30,000 miles a year. I drive about 65-90 mph on average, depending on traffic. I average about 42 MPG overall. This car has great power, don't let the 100 HP claim get you down. The true power comes from the turbo-charged diesel, putting out something like 174 ft-lbs of torque. The ESP has been great, saving me once. My biggest and MAJOR complaint has been the VW service. They stink. They deny everything they can. My mud flaps are cracking from the snow and ice build up. Diesel prices also are about 50 cents a gallon more than gas, so do the LONG math if you think you are saving money. I save about $1.40 a week, when you figure the difference in fuel.
Favorite Features
The good fuel economy, torquey motor, and nice interior when compared to other cars in it's class. The ESP/ASR rule. It has good brakes. I love the 10,000 mile oil changes (per VW).
Suggested Improvements
VW service stinks. Is there anything they don't deny fixing under warranty? The turbo went out but was covered, everything else seems to have a lame excuse. This is the last VW I will own, because of the service (3 prior).