My Volkswagen Golf...here is a little...
By notorious on
2005 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
...story. I have owned my car for the last four years. My car has been incredible on diesel mileage. I get in the city anywhere from 500 to 550 miles in the city and 550 to 625 miles on a tank. Within the first 3 years of my car, my transmission went! Could not believe it! The dealership had me pay approx $1200 to replace it. I was not happy about it at all. The dealership agreed to refund me half the amount I paid and asked I follow up the rest with Volkswagen International - No outcome from that. In the 4the year, seals and headlight bulbs replaced under warranty. Spill guard is not good for dark clothed interior. Don't replace air filter with after market unit! Dangerous!
Favorite Features
The car is zippy! Mine comes with 145hp and 250lbs of torque. Speeds off like an Angel on a mission! Excellent passing. Beautiful, quality interior, great trunk space, Tape deck with trunk cd changer capability. I have a GL version, brand is wonderful. ESC, and seats are comfortable!
Suggested Improvements
Heater is horrid! Need to up the redline to 7000 rpm. Better suspensions to minimize body roll. Keep the tape deck. include CD player, traction control, ESC, and cruise control standard. Make under body coating (noise reduction) standard. Increase horsepower and torque.