A car to park outside...
By David Burrus on
2005 Volkswagen Golf GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have had my Golf for over a month now and am impressed. It is a very fun to drive, it handles extremely well, especially on curves. Its interior build quality is impressive. It has excellent paint and exterior finish. The car feels very solid, and tight at all speeds. The manual transmission takes time to get used to. It is very effortless, but very slick. My second choice was a Honda Civic. How did I decide? A naive young boy once asked, "Should I buy a Civic or a Golf?" And the response was simple...buy the Golf if you want to park it outside, buy the Civic if you're going to garage it. This is a unique car.
Favorite Features
Peppy/well balanced engine if formated with a manual. Factory CD radio is very loud! It has great cargo room..I was able to fit my mountain bike in the hatch with the rear seats folded down. Excellent factory warranty. Relatively quiet when cruising at highway speeeds, considering RPM is tacked at 3,500 rpm at 70 MPH.
Suggested Improvements
More efficent. For a I-4, 24 MPG city is relatively low when compared to similar vehicles.