2004 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love the Handling, hate the

2004 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback - Consumer Review

2004 Volkswagen Golf GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the Handling, hate the problems.
By J.Gree on

2004 Volkswagen Golf GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Golf GLS, automatic. Since the date of delivery, I have had nothing but problems with the car. It is back at the dealership constantly, and on several occasions, has been back more than one time for the same problem. The car is very comfortable, safe, and I love how it handles, however, it is not reliable, and has a lot of electrical problems. Needed a new driver's side seat bracket, coil in driver's seat had to be repaired, faulty cooling sensor, problem with the alarm sounding after closing the trunk and opening the driver's door, I am on my second cd player, and it is not working properly (got it installed yesterday), problems getting the car out of park, etc.

Favorite Features

Favorites include the handling, the look of the car, the comfort in the driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

VW technicians need to sit down, and put their heads together and make this vehicle more reliable. Have them look on the "MY VW LEMON.COM" website to get ideas about what owner's are having problems with.