2003 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Buy one, you'l love it!

2003 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual)

Buy one, you'l love it!
By DwightC on

2003 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This 2003 Golf TDI is without a doubt THE most fun car to drive of all the cars that I've owned. (Actually, this is car #21). The diesel engine has tons of torque and really runs great matched with the manual transmission. The gears are smooth and shift even better than the Hondas I've owned. This TDI has a nice little wheeze when the turbo is heard, but that is only when the windows are open. I love the moon roof and the Monsoon radio- the best stock radio in any vehicle Ive had. I like the visibility, too. The seats are very comfortable. I get a reliable 45 mpg, and I drive 80 mph. The maintenance has been super low and Ive done most of it myself. I would buy another TDI without a doubt.

Fuel efficient turbo diesel engine. 50 mpg on long trips, 45 around town. Comfortable seats for long trips. Extended refueling capacity, about 750 mi per tankful. Great Monsoon factory stereo. Love the moonroof and the hatchback trunk. This German car is perfect for a daily commuter car.

Light bulbs seem to go out more often than an Asian car, but are a LOT easier to replace, usually a two minute job. Be very careful about choosing the right tires for this car. Mileage decrease if you don't. Get a after market engine skid plate- protects your crankcase better than OEM plastic one.