2003 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2003 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Car
By weebs86 on

2003 Volkswagen Golf GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! I love everything about it but the main reason why I'm writing this review is because of the lack of information about the audio system online. My car has the Monsoon system, and man oh man, is it awesome. I have a friend who has a Chevy Trailblazer with the Bose system and this thing is seriously just as good. Here are the specs, straight from the owners manual: 4 tweeters at 20 Watts each (Two in front, two in back), 2 Woofers (Front Doors) at 30 Watts Each and - get this - 2 Subwoofers at 30 watts each (rear doors) = 180 total watts. Sure, 60 watts for the combined subs doesn't quite match aftermarket subs of 1000s of watts, but TRUST me, you'll be plenty happy.

Like I said, I like everything about the car. The neat little sun blocker above the rear-view mirror, the handling, and the quality of the materials is superb. The Premium Velor seating is very nice too.

A little more engine power would be nice, but I have no real need for speed so it isn't a huge deal.