2003 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: I should have bought one years

2003 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

I should have bought one years ago!
By boatdznr on

2003 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I purchased my 2003 4dr.Golf TDI automatic new, nearly a year ago.I now have 19K miles on it. The TDI has excellent power. We use it like an SUV. Half the time we are hauling kids, and the other half of the time we have the rear seats down and have it loaded with supplies. I'm 6'1",it has legroom to spare. I drive this car hard, lots of stop/go, on/off, when on the freeway it's always 80 mph. Even with this torture, I get a combined 31 mpg. The value of many cars more than twice the price.

Wonderful TDI performance! Great handling and road feedback. Sporty ride, yet not choppy. Does not feel like a small car, feels safe at all speeds, in all situations. Safety features, no less than eight air bags.

Poor location for dash cup holder. Recline feature on front seats need improving. The anti-chip coating that is on the rocker panels is not consistant, even having smudges and fingerprints in it. Would like a higher quality upholstery fabric on the seats. No buyers remorse here.