So far So good
By audiPhile on
2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought mine new and have 28K miles on it. My left headlight and the right brake light didn't work at 27 K. Had to take it to dealer and replaced it(Warranty). I haven't had any engine problems at all except that it drinks a lot of oil and I keep 2 quarts in my trunk. I asked the dealer last week and he told me to bring in next time the oil shows half in the dip stick and they would do an oil consumption test. One more thing. My doors get stuck in freezing winter and have to use force to open. Recently I hear light noise from my AC grill. Got to get it done soon! But overall I like my car. Has been very reliable and fun and looks nice!
Favorite Features
* Blue instrumentation lighting. Every one who gets in your car will compliment about it! * The key fobs. Looks cool. * 8 speaker audio system. * 4 airbags for driver and passenger. * Many standard features that a miserly Honda or Toyota will charge you or wont give you.
Suggested Improvements
* Do something about the oil consumption problem. Many people have complained it. * The seat covers are a lint magnet. Need more than normal maintenance. * Cupholders. Keep it somewhere else. * Doors squeak slightly.