VW Golf pros and cons
By achh on
2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased a used 02 golf its safe good engine fun car to drive. I would take it over anything american car. My recommendation to anyone buying vw cars get them brand new. Repairing them once your warranty is exspensive and a pain in the [violative content deleted]. Sensors constantly have to be replaced. Ill be looking to buy a new car. While I like the 2011 jetta tdi the repair cost once the warranty expires will be through the roof because its a turbo diesel engine. Im a pass on vw you get great service from the dealer and they offer loaners if available. But you should for the service cost thats charged. Enough a Enough im getting a honda. Hope this is helpful for anyone buying a vw.
Suggested Improvements
Vw are made in germany the weather is similar to the midwest. Too many eletrical and sensor problems. They dont last long term the way honda and toyota do. Mayby they never will because of all the eletrical components. I had my golf for six years so you could say I got my money worth. But I also put my money into it with repairs. Oh well.