2002 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: I love this car

2002 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

2002 Volkswagen Golf Diesel

I love this car
By Mr Bill on

2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI 4dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My dad had a Rabbit diesel and that car provided about a million miles and years of service so I had my eye on this Golf when I first saw it. I got it with 60k miles and it now has 100k miles. It is 6 years old but still looks great, and the brake pads have never been changed! It gets about 36 mpg which is right with what the window sticker says. This is a low maintenance car, all I do is change the oil around 5k miles and drive it.

Everyone comments on the cute styling, it is not garish or tacky like some of the other small cars. The instrument lights are beautiful. It holds it's resale value, I'll never sell it, but it is still worth close to what I paid for it, so I feel like I have got my moneys worth.

The only problems I have had is the battery went bad, and I had to replace the water pump at 80k miles, I had the timing belt replaced at the same time because it was overdue anyways, and one glow plug. The tan fabric gets dirty easily. The doors will freeze shut if you don't keep lube on the seals.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review