Don't Buy This Car
By dontbuythiscar on
2000 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Hatchback
My 2000 Volkswagen Golf has had too many problems to list. Its factory recalls include: a bad welding on upper front control arm, dealership will replace if needed; no labeling of child safety seat teathers; hazard / turn signal relay gone bad, had mine replaced; fuel line relay, crack in seal could cause leak that could start fire, mine needed replacing. This is what I have also had to replace due to problems: turbo boost controller/blow off valve, transmission, clutch, head & tail lightbulb, front undercariage cover, front brakes, passenger seat, battery, interior seals, cruise control module, and rear cup holders. I paid $1,500 for a carmax warranty, and it was worth every penny. Their 250 point inspection is worthless. My car's a lemon that I can't get rid of.
Favorite Features
The turbo spooling noise @ full throttle, tilting & telescoping steering wheel, monsoon sound with factory amp, 4 wheel disc brakes w/ABS, low end torque, a traction control button you can switch off for whell spin, one touch window up & down buttons, power moonroof, the overall looks and sporty feeling.
Suggested Improvements
Add more horsepower, 150 doesn't cut it. Give this car better reliability, my car has been in the shop every two months since I bought it, no joke! Give it higher ground clearance, nobody likes to scrape on everything on the road. It needs better gas mileage, I have friends who have cars with V8 engines who get better gas mileage than I do. Build a better car!