Nice Grocery Getter
By mark on
1999 Volkswagen Golf Wolfsburg 4dr Hatchback
We have had this car going on three years now and the problems seem to have leveled off. I have never seen a car with so many electrical failures and they keep happening, all of the power windows, power locks, brake light assemblies, window wipers selector switch just about any electrical assembly has failed in this car and when I tell VW about the problems they say "well it is 5 years old" I had a 16 year old accord with none of these problems. I have noticed now that people have similar problems with even the new ones. I have to say we are very disappointed and would not recommend buying one
Favorite Features
I love the style. It has a nice red color, too. It has great seats, a nice dash, and the liftback is great. The Wolfsburg Edition is loaded with nice features. It has good viability and seat position. Its fit and finish is very good.
Suggested Improvements
The electrical components are garbage. They really have to work on this car to ever have me as a return customer. Its gas mileage for a 4 cylinder is not good, 35 mpg, but i hear the new ones are better.