1995 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Golf III Sport -- A sweet little car!
By Melissa Stevens on 03/06/06 13:17 PM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

I love this little car, and it will break my heart to part with it. It is still fun to drive after owning it for almost eleven years! I know Consumer Reports has little good to say about VWs and reliability, but I happened to have gotten a good one. It has only left me high and dry once -- and that was when the starter fried itself right in my driveway. Other than that, it has been a good friend and to this day I still get compliments on its good looks. Mechanics don't mind working on it, either. Things are where they should be!

My 95 flash red golf sport
By nads on 11/06/04 15:03 PM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my 1995 Golf Sport since purchase in July 1995. It has been a fun car and it has always turned heads for styling esp in the flash red color. For a Volkswagon it has been remarkably reliable. Only non wear and tear repairs were a windshield water leak (easily fixed) and the muffler system had to be replaced after 5 years (ugh) Otherwise just brakes, tires and oil/ changes. currently 67k miles.

Good car, sad to see it go
By fourbe on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

Sold my Sport Golf yesterday. Was 8 years old, 102000 miles. Wanted 4 doors and ABS. Good looking car, some women would stop me on a parking lot and told me they like the car! Strong engine, powerful. Reliability was okay.

Great little car
By JoeyB on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

this car has been very good, a few minor problems that are to be expected from a car with over 100K on it. replaced oil seals, and oxygen sensor wire. drivers seat mount bracket broke causing it to lean to one side...tough on the back...$400 to replace so I had it welded...still leans.. this car runs great and gets fairly decent mileage with a mild performance cam installed. car is still sharp looking and gets alot of looks from the local dudes hanging around. I have 134,000 miles on it and it will probably exceed 200K like my last Golf (1989) did.

Great car!
By VW Head on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

Never had problems with car. I only change oil, new tires, and drive away. Just had 100,000 mile inspection and no- big-problems. A great Car