Used 1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:

Golf III Sport -- A sweet little car!
By Melissa Stevens

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

I love this little car, and it will break my heart to part with it. It is still fun to drive after owning it for almost eleven years! I know Consumer Reports has little good to say about VWs and reliability, but I happened to have gotten a good one. It has only left me high and dry once -- and that was when the starter fried itself right in my driveway. Other than that, it has been a good friend and to this day I still get compliments on its good looks. Mechanics don't mind working on it, either. Things are where they should be!

I like ow this car is so user-friendly. It has good power, good looks, and drives great. It is a killer for tight parking spots! I put a stainless free-flow exhaust on it and it even sounds great!

My only complaint is the rust! It didn't like being in a heated garage for several snowy winters with the road salt.

My 95 flash red golf sport
By nads

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my 1995 Golf Sport since purchase in July 1995. It has been a fun car and it has always turned heads for styling esp in the flash red color. For a Volkswagon it has been remarkably reliable. Only non wear and tear repairs were a windshield water leak (easily fixed) and the muffler system had to be replaced after 5 years (ugh) Otherwise just brakes, tires and oil/ changes. currently 67k miles.

Fun to drive, looks cool, easy parking reliabity has been very good

Good car, sad to see it go
By fourbe

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

Sold my Sport Golf yesterday. Was 8 years old, 102000 miles. Wanted 4 doors and ABS. Good looking car, some women would stop me on a parking lot and told me they like the car! Strong engine, powerful. Reliability was okay.

Performance. Look. Fun to drive.

No glove box. Breaking was not that good. Price of VW parts are outrageous!

Great little car
By JoeyB

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

this car has been very good, a few minor problems that are to be expected from a car with over 100K on it. replaced oil seals, and oxygen sensor wire. drivers seat mount bracket broke causing it to lean to one side...tough on the back...$400 to replace so I had it welded...still leans.. this car runs great and gets fairly decent mileage with a mild performance cam installed. car is still sharp looking and gets alot of looks from the local dudes hanging around. I have 134,000 miles on it and it will probably exceed 200K like my last Golf (1989) did.

hatchback....back seats fold down for hauling around whatever

cup holders are pretty lame, passenger seat is too high for my tall passengers, their heads almost stick out the sunroof,

Great car!
By VW Head

1995 Volkswagen Golf Sport 2dr Hatchback

Never had problems with car. I only change oil, new tires, and drive away. Just had 100,000 mile inspection and no- big-problems. A great Car