2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Wagon Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf SportWagen model:

Good car
By David Glines

2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Wagon TSI Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bargain for the roof rack. What a ripoff at more than $300 extra. Should be standard. Good car overall, comfortable, maneuverable, good mileage. Love the huge roof rack

Great Value
By Al

Love the car, but not the gas mileage. Had a diesel, so probably not fare to compare. Been told have to "break it in some more" before I can get better mileage. The USB port is in a tight space in the small storage space. Overall I do like the car a lot

So much car for the money!
By E R L

I wanted a station wagon and I love love love my Golf Sportwagen! It drives like a well-powered Sedan, but has the space of a wagon. I like all of the space. The options that come with the Limited Edition model are such a good value. I really wanted navigation, but that was only option that the Limited edition didn't have and it was not worth the $ to go up to that trim. (Especially because you end up paying for some options at the higher trims, such as the safety package that you get in the Limited Edition trim.) The technology in the car is top notch and seems to far outweigh the price of the car. I think the only negative I can really think of is that the back seat doesn't have a ton of leg room. Ok for me at 5' 4", but tight for my husband at 6'. One other negative: I really wanted a manual transmission. Other than those details, the Sportwagen is a home run.

Back in a VW Once Again
By Teneo

2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Wagon TSI S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With VW's woes I decided to look at the VWs, as I always liked they're driving dynamics. I bought the VW Golf Sportwagen S, (MK7) to be a "runabout" for local driving. It was a good deal and the test drive convinced me of the fun factor. I traded in an Acura RDX with 80K miles, a car I was very happy with without exception. No regrets on the VW purchase, its fun to drive and very nimble on city streets, lots of cargo room, good fuel economy. Best part its quite and has great handling. Its now our car of choice, when we pick the keys as we go into the garage. The other option is the "Queen Mary" our 2016 Honda Pilot, also a great car, just not as agile as the VW Golf. I owned three VWs in the 1970s and 80s including a MK1 Golf (Rabbit), so its great to be back in a VW Golf.

Finally!
By Heidi Filippi

2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Wagon TSI S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed a small, low wagon so that my two aging golden retrievers could jump in the car easily but still have room. Edmonds price quote was lower than anyone else's and the dealership in st Augustine fl honored it! We are very happy with Edmonds, the dealership and the car!