Down sizing to a Golf R has been pain free 4/25/12
By mlc55 on
2012 Volkswagen Golf R 2dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've only had mine since Saturday 4/21/12 and it was a fluke that I got it. I believe is the first sold in AR. I've owned a '91 Galant VR4 (modded) and most recently an Infiniti FX45 so I'm not a stranger to powerful AWD cars, but both past cars lacked in handling. I was looking at a WRX but it seemed cheap inside. This Golf is very nice fit & finish inside, handles really well, and eagerly accelerates, redline comes quick. I don't really notice any noisiness, have used the bluetooth featurewith the windows down while winding out 4th gear. I didn't really need a GPS, Sunroof, or dynaudio. The carbon steel gray metallic paint give's it that serious machine look. This is my new daily driver.
Favorite Features
engine power, smooth and easy shifting 6-speed, Driver's seat fit, head lights that aim where you steer, AWD, LED Daytime running lights, 3 yr maintenance included, The buying experience at NorthPoint was outstanding.
Suggested Improvements
A car with the Golf R specs shouldn't be sold with "H" rated tires. Auto-on headlights would be nice.