2012 Volkswagen GLI Consumer Review: Fantastic sport sedan

2012 Volkswagen GLI - Consumer Review

PZEV Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Fantastic sport sedan
By tastycakes55 on

2012 Volkswagen GLI PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In a perfect world, everyone could afford a 65k BMW M3. If you're like me, you want a fun to drive car which gets good mileage & doubles as a family car and doesn't cost a ton, the GLI autobahn hits on all counts. This car tells you what to expect when you turn the ignition and it lets out a low growl, and it will make the chore of driving around town an absolute pleasure. Around town it hugs turns and twisties and gets up and goes as fast as any other sedan in its class. Was easy to install car seats making the wife happy. It may be a Jetta but has a distinctive enough look that it turns heads. I'm a bit concerned about reliability long term, but bought a warranty for peace of mind.

Touchscreen stereo is fantastic. Love the 18" wheels and rims, clutch is so smooth, engine sounds so fierce in 1st and second gear. Gas mileage has been excellent so far, and unlike previous cars, is just quiet enough on the highway. Some people don't like the soft touch dash or the leatherette, I like both. Value is fantastic - this feels like a 35k car. Quality of the bluetooth is surprisingly good compared to other cars I've owned.

Leather as an option would've been nice. My only major gripe are the halogen headlamps. I'm disappointed they weren't an option on the 2012. You can't disable traction control. This is annoying, but I can live with it given the overall package.
By pure_hp
on 04/10/12 12:15 PM (PDT)

Have you felt/noticed any turbo lag from the engine? How's your MPG's??? I'm thinking of getting one too, look sweet, 6 speed of course!!!