2012 Volkswagen GLI Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLI model:
Fantastic sub $30k sport sedan!!
By jhatfie on 04/26/12 15:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen GLI Sedan Autobahn PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned several performance sedans through the years including a current generation Nissan Maxima SV with sport package, 07 'Civic SI, 05' Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Mazdaspeed 6. I was able to grab this 12' GLI Autobahn for $23500 which is a steal honestly for what you get. Coming from my SI, the GLI has way more torque and much better gas mileage while having equal handling, but with better interior materials. I average 29mpg in mixed driving and on straight freeway trips usually see 34-35mpg and as high as 37mpg. Had the APR stage 1 ECU update done and the car is a rocket now without even a dent in gas mileage. Some interior plastics could be better but overall a great car!

Worth the test-drive!
By georgekm on 09/12/11 06:35 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen GLI Sedan Autobahn PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So I recently got engaged and decided to sell my 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6-speed manual, which I loved. I looked at the following: Kia Optima, Chevy Cruze, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, BMW 3-series, Jetta, and Acura TSX. My criteria: had to be 4 door sedan, and had to be manual transmision. I get so tired of salesmen trying to sell me on tiptronic fake manual transmissions! I test drove all of those cars, and I was very close to getting a kia, however, the only way to get a 6speed was getting the base model with plastic hubcaps. I went to VW with my fiance, we drove the 5 speed SE Jetta, and was bored. Then... I saw the GLI and was instantly in love.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen GLI Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*