2012 Volkswagen GLI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen GLI - Consumer Reviews

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific GLI model:
VW 2012 GLI
By sh2013 on 04/14/12 15:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a car a) Under 25k MSRP, b) Sedan c) sporty engine with a slick 6 speed d) independent suspension e) At least 30 +/- 2 MPG highway f) FWD with some form of LSD Your options are slim - I ended up having to choose between an Si and a GLI (Focus is close). Main diff between the 2 is the engine/power band feel in day to day life - Free revving Nat Asp. Si vs. turbo 2.0T, low end torque vs. high end power. In the end, GLI has a better interior than current Si, I could not wait for re-designed Civic, which is out in the fall and VW had better financing. If you plan to keep it for 100K, I recommend extra warranty.- Entitles you to lower APR's in some regions; check with dealer.

Great for what I need!
By vdubtsi on 11/20/11 11:12 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off I have only had my new GLI for a month. Interior quality is much better than the standard Jetta models. The 6 speed m/t shifts smooth with long throws. The gearing is quite tall for a "performance" minded vehicle. Thankfully the 2.0TSI produces a flat torque curve to overcome the long gears. Fuel economy has been quite good so far with a combined average of 28.2 mpg. The ride handling balance is quite good with a nice firm ride and accurate steering. I'm 6'6" tall and have plenty of front leg space. Seats are firm and made for slender guys like myself. All in all good car for what it is!