2008 Volkswagen GLI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - VW Does it Again

2008 Volkswagen GLI - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

VW Does it Again
By 04texag on

2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had a 00 VW GTI VR6, and this GLI in my opinion captures the essence of that car, and builds upon what it did right. The exterior of the "jetta" is not my favorite, but this GLI has enough touches to make it sharp. This is a practical sedan that screams to be driven. I owned an 04 BMW 330i with lim. ed. perform package, this is essentially what this VW offers, and a far greater value. To have power to go, but still get great gas mileage is huge in today's economy. The dsg transmission is phenomenal. I'm still breaking mine in, but the speed of shifts is like driving an arcade video game car! My wife was not happy about the purchase, until she saw it and drove it for the first time!

Favorite Features

DSG, performance, handling, economy, practicality, VALUE, sound system, trunk space, sirius sat.

Suggested Improvements

Dual zone climatronic, rain sensing wipers (loved this on my GTI), more electronics options from factory. More distintinct ext differences from jetta (rear bumper/exhaust appearance)