2008 Volkswagen GLI Consumer Review: Fun and Sporty Car

2008 Volkswagen GLI - Consumer Review

PZEV Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Fun and Sporty Car
By Tidge on

2008 Volkswagen GLI PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drive my car everyday. City mileage I get about 24.4 and city averaging 35.5 doing 70 mph. I like how the car just with the tap of the throttle likes to take off. It has great handling, very little under/over steer. The ESP option is great for dirt and gravel roads, helps with sticking to the road. Since New Years Eve of 2008 I have put al ot of miles on the car. It has held up with no problem and does extremely well on the highway. Gas mileage isn't what I'm used to from my last car I owned. Yet the car gets compliments often and will be with me for a long time.

My favorite features would be the ESP control button. When winter comes around, turn it off and let the car loose in a parking lot. The 4 wheel disc brakes work wonders for though that like the track. I do like the DRL lights, they seem to provide a little more safety to the car.

The only thing I would suggest would be a little more aggressive style with autobahn packages available or a VR6 engine option. If they brought back the VR6 engine I'd buy a couple more.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review