Great Bang for the Buck
By jk65 on
2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I could not be more satisfied with my 2008 GLI, it has met or exceeded all my expectations of it thus far. I had a small issue with some interior bits (all cosmetic), but that was quickly fixed by the dealership, so it was never a problem. I've put about 4,000 miles on the beast in 2.5 months, and the only way I can describe the experience is that I look forward to, and find excuses for driving. This car is a great bargain with minimal equipment added, but even fully loaded (just under 30k or so) it's a steal. If you are looking at similar-sized sport sedans, then make sure you take a test-drive in the GLI, you WILL be converted.
Favorite Features
"Steering wheel of the gods," as C&D put it; AMAZING DSG gearbox (automated manual option); 18" wheels (definitely worth the coin, and TURNS heads); great fuel economy on highway trips (30mpg+!); sport seats; large trunk area; firm sport suspension
Suggested Improvements
Glove compartment sorely needs a light; Rear tail-lights (this is just my opinion btw) should have separate lights for turn signals and brakes, but at least there is an LED brake strip-I might change to LED turn signals (Euro-spec)