2008 Volkswagen GLI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLI model:
Volkswagen Convert
By JDubbs on 12/19/07 22:57 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 04/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was sketchy about buying a VW, especially after owning a Honda for 8 trouble-free years. Despite my skepticism, I decided to take the plunge and I have been pleasently surprised. There have been no major issues to report after two months and 1700 miles of service. Gas mileage can be between low 20s to low 30s depending on how you drive it. The turbo 4 easily out-accelerates many cars on the road, and the car is assembled with good quality materials. Aside from some minor buzzes from some interior bits, my car has not consumed any oil, does not shake or stall. The car has been reliable so far (knock on wood), but then again I haven't abused it. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Outstanding Sport Sedan
By Rich on 12/13/07 21:58 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 04/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Having owned a myriad of sport sedans, many costing tens of thousands more than this vehicle, I am more than impressed with this car. Excellent performance, including acceleration, braking and handling and the best steering of any car I have ever driven make this VW truly exceptional. It could easily sell for $10K more than the sticker and it would still be worth it.

Pleasantly shocked.
By J-Dubbs19 on 12/09/07 08:35 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 04/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2008 GLI after one month of service has been expectedly reliable and pleasant. So far my GLI does not burn oil, is not loud at start-up and does not shake/shimmy exhibit any other cause of concern that other VW owners have complained about. I drove my VW very gently for the break in period (yes, less than a month and i'm well over 1k miles) and followed all directions in the owners manual. I rarely punched it and everything is as expected. The interior does show lint little scuffs, but these are easy clean ups considering how beautiful the interior is. It averages 24mpg overall , and supposed to get better with age. No problems, and utter Farfeghnughen.

Great buy
By Bill on 10/01/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen GLI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 04/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just came out of a 2006 GTI, 2-door into the 2008 GLI. The two extra doors are handy, so is the large trunk. So far I have absolutely no complaints. If you can spare the cash, the 18" all season performance tires are a must, as they add a nice touch to this car. Comparing it to earlier MKVs, I like the lower suspension, but it would have been nice if they kept the headlight pressure washers, the climate control, and the split front airvent knob.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.