1993 Volkswagen Fox Consumer Review: Still One of the Best

1993 Volkswagen Fox - Consumer Review

GL Wolfsburg Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Still One of the Best
By YSSMAN on

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Fox was indeed my first car and a good one at that. Although what she may have lacked in beauty (she was a little rough around the edges), she made up for in character. Of course everyone is going to be in love with their first car, and for me, there was no question about it. The car was surprisingly safe as well, as it was taken away from me in a 45 MPH head-on collision with a young woman in a Cavalier. I still miss my Fox every day when I drive to school or work, as my Jetta simply cannot fill the void left by that car. It was certainly not a Honda Civic, but it was something that no-one else had. If you have one, hold on to it, as they are very special cars indeed.

Undoubtedly, the "feel" of the car was the best feature. You could always "feel" what was going on with the suspension, with the tires, with the engine, etc. I have yet to drive a car that could match that, Porsche 911 Carreras included.

The car doesn't like cold weather, but there isn't much you can do about that. Otherwise, VW needs to consider shipping the European/Brazillian Fox to the US market again. They are great cars, and people will certainly buy them!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review