Used 1993 Volkswagen Fox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Volkswagen Fox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fox model:

Great Sub-compact, VW Rocks!
By Bill

1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my 1993 Volkswagen Fox for over a year. I'm not sure how many miles are on it since the odometer has not worked since I have owned the car. This car is great and it's easy on gas. You will definitely get some looks. Alas, my brother-in-law is now taking the car. I know he'll enjoy it! It has not had any major mechanical malfunctions, only normal wear and tear. I would suggest this car to anyone. If you see this car, buy it. If you like Volkswagens, you'll love the 1993 VW Fox. The manual transmition is great and the suspension is very tight. It is fun in the corners. Hang on! I love VW.

The tight suspension, the tight 5-speed gearbox, and the gas milage is phenominal. The styling is very boxy, oldschool euro and it looks great. Mine was black with a hot red stripe down the side right under the window. The bodylines are great and it sits up quite high for a typical small car.

Cupholders, please get me some cupholders. Mine were added on by some ambitious previous owner right to the front of the rear seat. BTW, the rear seat is small and the front seat did not move very far back. I wish I had somewhere to put my left foot between shifts.

Best $500 I ever spent!
By vwfoxowner

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 1989 VW Fox and I couldn't have been happier with it. I bought the 1993 model that I have now because I absoutely loved the Fox. It is one of the best used cars that money can buy. It gets awesome gas milage and can't be beat for reliability. It isn't a "plush" car by any means but, if you are looking for reliable transportation, this is where it's at.

Reliable powertrain, gas milage, low cost of ownership (only "major thing that I had to do was replace gas tank)

Make this car again! I'd be the first one in line if they did.

Great little Fox!
By Melinda

1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

The VW Fox is a great car. Its built sturdy and will last a while. Mine has over 160,000 miles and still going strong. There are of course the minor problems that occur, but those are common with older vehicles. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants great fuel ecomony from a German engineered car thats fun to drive.

I get to call it Foxy. And the no power steering aspect makes it all the more fun.

If you dont have a tach in your cluster, get one from a junk yard fox and swap clusters. A tach is much more useful than a large clock.

Always there for me!
By Robert M.

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

Great Car! I've had this vehicle for about 5 years now and I love it! Worth every penny that I paid for it! Have only experienced normal wear & tear. only speedometer problem! no big deal though! very inexpensive to maintain! I recommend it to anyone...really...

very, very reliable and inexpensive to maintain. good over all performance. good A/C! no fancy electronics to go wrong! a real car!

cup holders & improve speedometer problems!

Great Car
By amp

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a commuter car easy on the wallet for fuel efficiency, or a zippy city car buy a Fox. You can't go wrong with a VW.

Fun to drive.

Cup holder would be nice.