1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GL Wolfsburg 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
Best Small Car!
By DMS on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

I actually had 2 Vw Fox's an 87 and a 93 .I totalled both but came out alive,is was one great little car, it handled great, while every one were buyin sentras and corolla's I bought a Vw Fox, and it was a great car, with only 81hp it still was very dependable and If they would have continued makin the car I would have kept purchasing one .

My Fox
By My_Claw on 04/15/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought it from my brother who loved it and worked on it allot. I have yet to find something that my fox couldn't do. I pulled out a tree stump with it!! I can climb with it! I raced a 1994 civic with a turbo and won!

1993 Volkswagen Fox Great Work Car
By Mike Pavelchik on 05/25/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

The car was visually rough and had some been maintained poorly. The car is fun to drive and built well. It has a zippy little engine that gets great gas mileage on the highway. The EPA rates it at 32 MPG highway, but, I am honestly getting closer to 36 MPG. It handles great on the offramps and has good acceleration at rolling speeds. Not a race car from a stop, but the 5 spd is great on the 30 mile commute.

Still One of the Best
By YSSMAN on 07/16/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Fox was indeed my first car and a good one at that. Although what she may have lacked in beauty (she was a little rough around the edges), she made up for in character. Of course everyone is going to be in love with their first car, and for me, there was no question about it. The car was surprisingly safe as well, as it was taken away from me in a 45 MPH head-on collision with a young woman in a Cavalier. I still miss my Fox every day when I drive to school or work, as my Jetta simply cannot fill the void left by that car. It was certainly not a Honda Civic, but it was something that no-one else had. If you have one, hold on to it, as they are very special cars indeed.

Best $500 I ever spent!
By vwfoxowner on 08/29/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 1989 VW Fox and I couldn't have been happier with it. I bought the 1993 model that I have now because I absoutely loved the Fox. It is one of the best used cars that money can buy. It gets awesome gas milage and can't be beat for reliability. It isn't a "plush" car by any means but, if you are looking for reliable transportation, this is where it's at.

Always there for me!
By Robert M. on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

Great Car! I've had this vehicle for about 5 years now and I love it! Worth every penny that I paid for it! Have only experienced normal wear & tear. only speedometer problem! no big deal though! very inexpensive to maintain! I recommend it to anyone...really...

Great Car
By amp on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a commuter car easy on the wallet for fuel efficiency, or a zippy city car buy a Fox. You can't go wrong with a VW.

Go buy a Fox!
By Helga Joy on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

I have a red 1993 Fox Wolfsburg (4drs). It drives very smoothly on the highway and it's also very peppy. The gas mileage is excellent. Parts aren't too expensive and it's a solid car. I would suggest it to anyone with or without a tight budget that wants a great, reliable car.

We love our car.
By jjones on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for 7 years and we love it. Volkswagen rocks!

the best
By shwad on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Sedan GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

its just great no one should gi with out having one of these cars there great