1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Volkswagen Fox - Consumer Reviews

1993 Fox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fox model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Sub-compact, VW Rocks!
By Bill

1993 Volkswagen Fox Coupe Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my 1993 Volkswagen Fox for over a year. I'm not sure how many miles are on it since the odometer has not worked since I have owned the car. This car is great and it's easy on gas. You will definitely get some looks. Alas, my brother-in-law is now taking the car. I know he'll enjoy it! It has not had any major mechanical malfunctions, only normal wear and tear. I would suggest this car to anyone. If you see this car, buy it. If you like Volkswagens, you'll love the 1993 VW Fox. The manual transmition is great and the suspension is very tight. It is fun in the corners. Hang on! I love VW.

Favorite Features

The tight suspension, the tight 5-speed gearbox, and the gas milage is phenominal. The styling is very boxy, oldschool euro and it looks great. Mine was black with a hot red stripe down the side right under the window. The bodylines are great and it sits up quite high for a typical small car.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, please get me some cupholders. Mine were added on by some ambitious previous owner right to the front of the rear seat. BTW, the rear seat is small and the front seat did not move very far back. I wish I had somewhere to put my left foot between shifts.

Great little Fox!
By Melinda

1993 Volkswagen Fox Coupe Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

The VW Fox is a great car. Its built sturdy and will last a while. Mine has over 160,000 miles and still going strong. There are of course the minor problems that occur, but those are common with older vehicles. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants great fuel ecomony from a German engineered car thats fun to drive.

Favorite Features

I get to call it Foxy. And the no power steering aspect makes it all the more fun.

Suggested Improvements

If you dont have a tach in your cluster, get one from a junk yard fox and swap clusters. A tach is much more useful than a large clock.