1993 Volkswagen Fox Consumer Reviews

1993 Volkswagen Fox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fox model:
Best Small Car!
By DMS on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

I actually had 2 Vw Fox's an 87 and a 93 .I totalled both but came out alive,is was one great little car, it handled great, while every one were buyin sentras and corolla's I bought a Vw Fox, and it was a great car, with only 81hp it still was very dependable and If they would have continued makin the car I would have kept purchasing one .

My Fox
By My_Claw on 04/15/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought it from my brother who loved it and worked on it allot. I have yet to find something that my fox couldn't do. I pulled out a tree stump with it!! I can climb with it! I raced a 1994 civic with a turbo and won!

Great Dependable Coupe
By wrciii8988 on 11/28/08 06:35 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Polo 2dr Coupe

I purchased the vehicle with 53K on it as a second well handling economy car. It now has 276K with the original interior, paint, engine, transmission and clutch. I have replaces only minor items such as wheel bearings, half shafts, timing belt, plugs and wires and the radiator. There is a VW following for thus vehicle as it, with a few minor modifications, out handles and out performs many others in the class and the next higher.

1993 Volkswagen Fox Great Work Car
By Mike Pavelchik on 05/25/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

The car was visually rough and had some been maintained poorly. The car is fun to drive and built well. It has a zippy little engine that gets great gas mileage on the highway. The EPA rates it at 32 MPG highway, but, I am honestly getting closer to 36 MPG. It handles great on the offramps and has good acceleration at rolling speeds. Not a race car from a stop, but the 5 spd is great on the 30 mile commute.

Still One of the Best
By YSSMAN on 07/16/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Fox was indeed my first car and a good one at that. Although what she may have lacked in beauty (she was a little rough around the edges), she made up for in character. Of course everyone is going to be in love with their first car, and for me, there was no question about it. The car was surprisingly safe as well, as it was taken away from me in a 45 MPH head-on collision with a young woman in a Cavalier. I still miss my Fox every day when I drive to school or work, as my Jetta simply cannot fill the void left by that car. It was certainly not a Honda Civic, but it was something that no-one else had. If you have one, hold on to it, as they are very special cars indeed.

Great Sub-compact, VW Rocks!
By Bill on 11/10/05 21:09 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my 1993 Volkswagen Fox for over a year. I'm not sure how many miles are on it since the odometer has not worked since I have owned the car. This car is great and it's easy on gas. You will definitely get some looks. Alas, my brother-in-law is now taking the car. I know he'll enjoy it! It has not had any major mechanical malfunctions, only normal wear and tear. I would suggest this car to anyone. If you see this car, buy it. If you like Volkswagens, you'll love the 1993 VW Fox. The manual transmition is great and the suspension is very tight. It is fun in the corners. Hang on! I love VW.

Best $500 I ever spent!
By vwfoxowner on 08/29/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 1989 VW Fox and I couldn't have been happier with it. I bought the 1993 model that I have now because I absoutely loved the Fox. It is one of the best used cars that money can buy. It gets awesome gas milage and can't be beat for reliability. It isn't a "plush" car by any means but, if you are looking for reliable transportation, this is where it's at.

Great little Fox!
By Melinda on 04/05/05 15:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 2dr Coupe

The VW Fox is a great car. Its built sturdy and will last a while. Mine has over 160,000 miles and still going strong. There are of course the minor problems that occur, but those are common with older vehicles. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants great fuel ecomony from a German engineered car thats fun to drive.

Always there for me!
By Robert M. on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

Great Car! I've had this vehicle for about 5 years now and I love it! Worth every penny that I paid for it! Have only experienced normal wear & tear. only speedometer problem! no big deal though! very inexpensive to maintain! I recommend it to anyone...really...

Great Car
By amp on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Fox GL Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a commuter car easy on the wallet for fuel efficiency, or a zippy city car buy a Fox. You can't go wrong with a VW.