2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Consumer Reviews 4

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Huge and easy to handle
By JF on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This minvan has more room than any others. It is great and handles really well for such a big vehicle. The engine is a little noisy in low gears but is great at high speed. The interior finition could be a little better. We like it!

driver found
By eurovan on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have always loved the design of the current body. It is so european. The design fulls you, as being a mini van, but it is by no way tiny inside like the rest. My first week I took a drive to Yosemite. It handles like a tight sport car, on the winding roads, not top heavy at all. If more people only knew, and only $25,000.00. Take a test drive soon and you"ll see.

Won't Be Any More - T5 Unlikely Here
By mjo_ai_net on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Photos of VW's new T5 abound on the net, but I doubt you'll see one in the US. With VW bringing the MicroBus, you'll have to decide whether the last Eurovan is for you We purchased a 2003 GLS (built in April 2002) & the Eurovan's overall utility is setting in. The Eurovan has certainly made errands & family trips much easier. It rides & handles much better than its height suggests, & build quality is high. We are impressed with its ease around town: power to accelerate/pass, no harder to park/backup than our 4Runner, & right size for a family of 5. All of this could be said about the vanilla minivans. But, the Eurovan has a niche & one you'll recognize

Eurovan is fabulous for family of 5
By WAeurovanowner on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can not imagine why VW does not sell more Eurovans. As configured with the 201 hp VR6 and the lower price it is less expensive and more usefully equiped than any true minivans. At the same time it is big enough to handle every need without having to endure a Econline-type full size van. As a 40 year old father of three I have to admit I get a kick out of the fact that the young VW crowd thinks my family hauler is cool. I've received accepting nods and other positive gestures from 20 year olds driving Golfs and Passats. Not too many minivans owners can claim they get positive gestures from these younger drivers.

Quirky with a Great View
By gruvass on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

You'll ride high in the saddle with a Eurovan in your corral. Takes premium gas, entry/exit is a bit awkward, only has one slider but oh, the view. We love the German fit and finish and the caverous space, especially without the rear facing seat in our MV Weekender model. If you're looking for a top handling model pass on this one, but if you have touring and camping in mind this is one of a kind.

Think of it more as a Euro truck
By Frank Eurovan on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

No, itís not a "minivan", where that term is currently defined as an overgrown passenger sedan. It is almost the size of a full size van on the outside and inside, but it is so much more driveable than any other full size van. The driving position is the popular "very high" - I can see over all other minivans and even most SUVs on the road. On separate occasions, I've hauled 1) 7 adults very comfortably, 2) a large roll-top desk, and 3) several pieces of 12-foot long 2x6 lumber. It all fits. We also used it on our family vacation last summer with great success. Too bad 2002 is the last production year.