2003 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
2003 EuroVan GLS
By BobT on 02/13/07 06:09 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This couldn't have bought a more versatile van. It's roomy and seats seven adults very comfortably.

A Unique Vehicle - What Resale!
By 2003 Euro MV Weekend on 11/04/06 11:18 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this for my wife's business. She hauls a lot of clothes and we equipped with front and back removable hanging rods. She can haul 200 pieces on hangers and the Eurovan has more floor to ceiling hanging height than any van we looked at. This vehicle gets more looks than my Bimmer. The young crowd loves it. We bought the weekender package for the wooden ceiling (to support hanging rods) and occasional getaway fun. It has proven to be very versatile. After pulling all of the seats it can haul a ton. The biggest surprise is resale value. At 3 1/2 years old with 25,000 miles on it, it is still valued at 90% plus of what I paid for it new...wow!

Would never buy a Eurovan again
By Danarielle on 03/02/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been nothing but trouble. It had brake problems that required towing the first day I bought it. Its air conditioning has malfunctioned twice and the dealer cannot fix it. Its electrical system malfunctioned (no speedometer/odomotor/etc) and it took the dealer a month to fix it. Its windshield is now loose and it turns out it is a PPG windshield not even an original Volkswagen part. A simple recommendation -- do not buy this van!

Exceptional Van
By EurovanFan on 02/05/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The VW Eurovan is the best minivan to hit the USA. Unfortunately it was killed by the high cost of manufacturing it in Germany and the low value of the dollar. The 2003 model was the last one imported here, but it is still available in Europe for the equivalent of about $45,000. It will outperform any other "standard model" minivan on the market. And it is known to outlast them as well. Think of this vehicle as an example of good German engineering and teutonic toughness. We refer to it as our "Fahrfegnugen Schleppenvagon" and enjoy it on trips immensely.

I Love My Eurovan...My Third!
By Scott Mastrocinque on 11/26/05 10:03 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Eurovan (two 1993's and this 2003) and I have loved them all, but this 2003 is my favorite. The fit and finish of this vehicle is excellent and exceeds anything else out there. It provides wonderful, balanced power. Its solid feel and excellent road manners make this van a true joy to drive. In all honesty, I looked at all of the new vans available to make sure I wasn't missing anything. True, I don't have in-seat DVD players and I couldn't care less. What I do have is SPACE, huge quantities of it and functionality galore. We have enjoyed many road trips in our Eurovans. It defines Farfegnugen! Everybody who rides in my van loves it! I've gotten 25,000 miles of trouble free operation from this one so far.

All Purpose Hauler
By the engineer on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Eurovan after owning a '93 for almost 100k miles. The VR6 is a wonderful engine, lots of power to tow our 26' Chris Craft, and decent mileage (~18 daily driving). All areas of the car were improved with one exception- the driving position was somehow made uncomfortable, I start to get leg cramps after half an hour. The van is much quieter than the older model, and cruising on the highway is effortless. The Michelin Enegy tires are great for comfort and handling, and they improve the fuel mileage, too. In addition to the better engine, VW added a rear stabiliser bar which improves the handling.

Accessible & Space!!
By owasippe on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy second- and third-row seats, lots of headroom inside the cabin, responsive steering, capable brakes, only van door that meets ADA standards for door opening to accomodate wheelchair without modification. VW has a real gem of a disabled accessible rear cabin. Add only ramp and hold down and you are good to go with a wheelchair thanks to easy in/out of rear seat! Cons: Handling takes getting used to...especially around corners or parking, wind noise on highway similiar to early Suburbans, no driver-side sliding door or side airbags.

VW Eurovan
By jmurphegan on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this van! It has so much room for my family. I couldn't imagine being without it.

euro van
By jm nelms on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second mv.Own the first one 10 years. the new motor is much better and the exterior is good looking.

EVUpdate
By WiscVWnut on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

A Very high quality vehicle that is actually fun to drive for a van. Solid feel on the road makes this an excellent long distance cruiser.