Used 2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

What will I do without my Eurovan ?!?!
By Eurofan

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I gave this van 10/10 for design, though i realize many people wouldn't think this way. This van was built for practicality, not faux luxury, and that is why it didn't survive in the American market. We bought this van 3 years old, with a pretty hefty number of miles on it, while stationed overseas. It racked up a ton of miles, and the only two problems it ever gad, were, suprise it's a volkswagen, electrical: not terribly expensive, and totally manageable if you know what you're doing. No mechanical problems whatsoever at 7 years old, and almost 125,000 miles ! We were rear-ended and totalled this weeked at a very high speed: van didn't collapsee in toward us at all ! Nothing like it :o(

Favorite Features

removable/rearfacing seats, high head room, incredible visibility virtually no blind spots,

Suggested Improvements

If they "luxed" this up like they are doing to the newer ones in Germany I think it could have made it on the American market- the Routan doesn't do it, and the boxy style is becoming in vogue- just add some fake metal/wood and stuff in the interior and American will eat it up.

Best Van on the road today
By Greensboro NC

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this van to replace our 93 MV with 193,000 miles. This Eurovan has been exceptionally reliable with 132,000 miles, everything works on this van virtually no problems. Only replaced tires and brake pads, 19 MPG on REG gas, By far the best van in the world bar none.Family of 5, son is 6' 2" and fits with ease. Lots of space, comfortable, fast, handles like a VW known for, great visibility, sit up high, fit and finish still like new, cloth on seats show very little wear, AC is awesome, love overhead AC vents, Has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, wife loves it, kids love it, friends say it is cool and will ride in ours but not in minivans. I would buy again and again!

Favorite Features

Roominess, reliability, power, coolness factor, quietness, smoothness, build quality, fit and finish, body styling, great suspension, VR6 motor, timing chain, easy access to underside of motor, pan keeps motor and tranny clean, I could go on and on and on. This is a well engineered vehicle,

Suggested Improvements

Middle row seats need to recline fully, Better cup holders in front, light under hood. I can't think of anything else. This is an awesome van (not mini) I would buy again if it were available.

Camper Van Nightmare!
By JoeySass

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have the Winnebago Camper version. Original owner and it's a horrible lemon. I'm on the third set of tires (recommended tires are no longer manufactured!). A/C ($1500) went out at 3 yrs., 58,000 miles. Brakes replaced 2x so far. And now I have to replace my timing chain ($2000). All this on a 5 year old, 75,000 mile vehicle. Oh yeah, the transmission is starting to slip a little, that's next! Don't buy this lemon!

Favorite Features

The stove, sink, beds, everything but the reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Build a better product. Only comes with a 50,000 power train warranty, I wonder why???

Winkel No Ka Oi
By Newport Winkel

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 Eurovan Weekender in February 2008. What a pure joy as a family of 4 to own and drive. We are consistently complimented on our wagon. It has far exceeded our expectations in roominess, handling and ease of operation. Our kids absolutely love being in it. Go get one today!

Favorite Features

Interior amenities and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seating would be nice.

2003 Eurovan Review
By Keono

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this van is like riding on a cloud. Smooth transmission with power to pass as needed. INterior is deceivingly huge (you can easily carry ten 4x8' pieces of drywall in the back!). Seats could be bigger, and if you are over 6' tall, the sun visor limits your sight distance a bit. Rear facing 2nd row limits the recline of the front seats, but makes cargo space a snap.

Favorite Features

Classic VW styling.

Suggested Improvements

Make front seats larger and slightly lower.