2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
What will I do without my Eurovan ?!?!
By Eurofan on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I gave this van 10/10 for design, though i realize many people wouldn't think this way. This van was built for practicality, not faux luxury, and that is why it didn't survive in the American market. We bought this van 3 years old, with a pretty hefty number of miles on it, while stationed overseas. It racked up a ton of miles, and the only two problems it ever gad, were, suprise it's a volkswagen, electrical: not terribly expensive, and totally manageable if you know what you're doing. No mechanical problems whatsoever at 7 years old, and almost 125,000 miles ! We were rear-ended and totalled this weeked at a very high speed: van didn't collapsee in toward us at all ! Nothing like it :o(

Best Van on the road today
By Greensboro NC on 01/07/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this van to replace our 93 MV with 193,000 miles. This Eurovan has been exceptionally reliable with 132,000 miles, everything works on this van virtually no problems. Only replaced tires and brake pads, 19 MPG on REG gas, By far the best van in the world bar none.Family of 5, son is 6' 2" and fits with ease. Lots of space, comfortable, fast, handles like a VW known for, great visibility, sit up high, fit and finish still like new, cloth on seats show very little wear, AC is awesome, love overhead AC vents, Has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, wife loves it, kids love it, friends say it is cool and will ride in ours but not in minivans. I would buy again and again!

Camper Van Nightmare!
By JoeySass on 07/22/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have the Winnebago Camper version. Original owner and it's a horrible lemon. I'm on the third set of tires (recommended tires are no longer manufactured!). A/C ($1500) went out at 3 yrs., 58,000 miles. Brakes replaced 2x so far. And now I have to replace my timing chain ($2000). All this on a 5 year old, 75,000 mile vehicle. Oh yeah, the transmission is starting to slip a little, that's next! Don't buy this lemon!

Winkel No Ka Oi
By Newport Winkel on 06/25/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 Eurovan Weekender in February 2008. What a pure joy as a family of 4 to own and drive. We are consistently complimented on our wagon. It has far exceeded our expectations in roominess, handling and ease of operation. Our kids absolutely love being in it. Go get one today!

2003 Eurovan Review
By Keono on 12/14/07 15:45 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this van is like riding on a cloud. Smooth transmission with power to pass as needed. INterior is deceivingly huge (you can easily carry ten 4x8' pieces of drywall in the back!). Seats could be bigger, and if you are over 6' tall, the sun visor limits your sight distance a bit. Rear facing 2nd row limits the recline of the front seats, but makes cargo space a snap.

One problem after another
By slf on 11/12/07 07:41 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had one problem after another with our Eurovan. Great when everything works correctly. The outside door handles have now failed twice (both front doors!). Told by VW that it's not a design flaw, out of warranty and paid nearly $800 to have them fixed only to have the driver's side fail again 6 months later. Now I can't unlock the doors with the keyless entry or hand key without them locking again immediately. Looking for a replacement vehicle now.

Useful space but very poor AC
By phil on 11/07/07 04:47 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very spacious inside with a nice feel to it and useful extras such as step lights for safety. However the whole vehicle is sadly spoilt by the awful AC which is totally unable to deal with the climate in the Middle East. Have 2 of these vehicles and we can't use them for 3 months of the year as it's so uncomfortable in the heat. I don't know why VW sell it in hot climates when the AC cannot cope - didn't they uprate it for this market?

Love It!
By Hossman on 10/06/07 04:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just getting into our 2003 Eurovan. It was a VW executive use here in Canada. It only has 12,000 km on it so time will tell. First impressions are, there isn't a vehicle on the market here in Canada that even comes close to this in build quality. Superb!

What A Fun Mini Van
By OT 62 on 09/13/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the MV Weekender Package. 4 years and 60,000 miles later couldn't be happier with the car. There isn't a more fun minivan out there. Kids just love it. No complaints, holding up well. Premium gas is only negative I can think off.

Awesome Performance
By cary95404 on 05/14/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Eurovan and my fifth VW van. This 2003 model has awesome performance compared to other VW vans. The pickup is outstanding and the traction control (ESP) is the best I've ever driven. Braking is excellent. The only complaint is that I’ve had to replace the brake pads at thirty thousand mile intervals (using factory brake parts). It’s a solid vehicle. The VR6 engine is a monster!