Used 2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

Love my weekender
By JB

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wish they would bring it back to the states. I recently bought a Mercedes Benz Metris cargo as a back up for work. Not as nice. I'll never get rid of the Eurovan Weekender until VW sends the newer version to the US. It's just a matter of really bad out of touch USA VW corpoate leadership combined with USA big three commercial vehicle special interests, import taxation, and of course legalized payola and kick backs to our politicians.

What will I do without my Eurovan ?!?!
By Eurofan

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I gave this van 10/10 for design, though i realize many people wouldn't think this way. This van was built for practicality, not faux luxury, and that is why it didn't survive in the American market. We bought this van 3 years old, with a pretty hefty number of miles on it, while stationed overseas. It racked up a ton of miles, and the only two problems it ever gad, were, suprise it's a volkswagen, electrical: not terribly expensive, and totally manageable if you know what you're doing. No mechanical problems whatsoever at 7 years old, and almost 125,000 miles ! We were rear-ended and totalled this weeked at a very high speed: van didn't collapsee in toward us at all ! Nothing like it :o(

removable/rearfacing seats, high head room, incredible visibility virtually no blind spots,

If they "luxed" this up like they are doing to the newer ones in Germany I think it could have made it on the American market- the Routan doesn't do it, and the boxy style is becoming in vogue- just add some fake metal/wood and stuff in the interior and American will eat it up.

Best Van on the road today
By Greensboro NC

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this van to replace our 93 MV with 193,000 miles. This Eurovan has been exceptionally reliable with 132,000 miles, everything works on this van virtually no problems. Only replaced tires and brake pads, 19 MPG on REG gas, By far the best van in the world bar none.Family of 5, son is 6' 2" and fits with ease. Lots of space, comfortable, fast, handles like a VW known for, great visibility, sit up high, fit and finish still like new, cloth on seats show very little wear, AC is awesome, love overhead AC vents, Has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, wife loves it, kids love it, friends say it is cool and will ride in ours but not in minivans. I would buy again and again!

Roominess, reliability, power, coolness factor, quietness, smoothness, build quality, fit and finish, body styling, great suspension, VR6 motor, timing chain, easy access to underside of motor, pan keeps motor and tranny clean, I could go on and on and on. This is a well engineered vehicle,

Middle row seats need to recline fully, Better cup holders in front, light under hood. I can't think of anything else. This is an awesome van (not mini) I would buy again if it were available.

Camper Van Nightmare!
By JoeySass

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have the Winnebago Camper version. Original owner and it's a horrible lemon. I'm on the third set of tires (recommended tires are no longer manufactured!). A/C ($1500) went out at 3 yrs., 58,000 miles. Brakes replaced 2x so far. And now I have to replace my timing chain ($2000). All this on a 5 year old, 75,000 mile vehicle. Oh yeah, the transmission is starting to slip a little, that's next! Don't buy this lemon!

The stove, sink, beds, everything but the reliability!

Build a better product. Only comes with a 50,000 power train warranty, I wonder why???

Winkel No Ka Oi
By Newport Winkel

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 Eurovan Weekender in February 2008. What a pure joy as a family of 4 to own and drive. We are consistently complimented on our wagon. It has far exceeded our expectations in roominess, handling and ease of operation. Our kids absolutely love being in it. Go get one today!

Interior amenities and exterior design.

Leather seating would be nice.