2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
good, but coud be so much better
By gary warren on 04/27/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a salesman with bulky samples to lug around it is perfect, small outside, huge inside. "removable" seats aren't very sophisticated, the driving position is very awkward, needs the Passat tilt wheel ( why DIDN'T THEY!)also needs a REAL overdrive to help improve mileage. The handling is quite good, feels solid, it IS a little noisy at speed . I have over 58,000 now and dealer says the A/C compressor might need replaced ?(choke) overall, it took awhile to "get used to" but it suits my needs quite well.

VW Eurovan is a Lemon
By Jonathan Hochman on 12/10/04 13:58 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle back to the dealer multiple times to repair "brake failure" warnings. They are unable to repair. VW told me that they can't help me. I will NEVER buy another VW.

Just like my father's VW van - lousy
By Exeurovanowner on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had our Eurovan for about 1.5 years before we traded it in on a Honda. The car was in for warranty work on a regular basis. Fortunately, once something was fixed, it didn't seem to break again. Overall, the van was tippy, noisy, and poorly designed inside without convenience items like reachable cup holders. The rear seats are almost impossible to take out, which defeats the purpose of having a van in the first place.

Wouln't buy again
By skw on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

problems with paint chipping. The dealer said it was from rocks. I have had the problems since before 5,000 miles. Always garaged just went over the 24,000 mark this weekend. Rear facing seats must be positioned straight up in order for the front seats to be comfortable. Brakes replaced at 20,500 miles - our Dodge Caravan has 49,000 miles and has never had the brakes replaced (not the norm, but indicative of our driving habits) or the paint damage the Eurovan has. Vehicle surges when driving. Van has been maintained by VW dealer per manufacturer's recommendations. Dealers not much help. Wrote to VW customer when van was new - no response.

Stand Out In The Crowd!
By Rudy28801 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The most roomy and best looking of all vans I've seen.. Great to take out one of the middle seats and it's almost like a living room! We have 2 small kids and this is the best ( cargo and comfort) for a road trip/vacation. Have yet to have any problems to speak of.. A/C went out but dealer replaced it promptly (covered on warr.) Ride is nice but lots of noise from outside. I'd buy another in the future...

We are leaving the fo;d
By dandi-andi on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a nightmare. The broken air conditioner in the first month, ruined our vacation plans (we spent it in the repair shop instead) The tires wore out by 10,000. The seats are impossible to get out or back in. We think they are in securely and then 1 hour later they fall out, with a child in the seat. Can't drive with the windows open. The whole car vibrates and sounds like a helicoptor. Bad choise. Never again.

GREAT VAN
By JOHN M on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT VAN ALL AROUND! CARTER VW REALLY KNOWS THEIR VANS AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS!

The Breadbox
By Miocardian on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my EuroVan GLS for well over a year now, and I can't stop saying good things about it. Sure, it doesn't have all the "gizmos" that all the other minivans have, but in reality, this is a great vehicle. I always walk away with a smile on my face after I drive.

Excellent vacation mobile
By rtt108 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect family van. Useful and fun! The MV seating configuration sold us. Traveling with kids is great. Handling is tight and precise. I did add a european headlight switch to activate the rear fog light circuit, and installed a rear fog light. A lot of technical advise is available in Yahoo Groups, under: "ev_update" My wife gets a big kick out of teenagers stopping her in parking lots to tell her "That's a really cool van!". NOTE: I find most written reviews on this van to be either wildly inaccurate, or so full of personal bias as to be useless, if not offensive.

Great All Around Van for Family
By Jeff 66 on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great van for a larger family. Chose the Eurovan MV as our 3rd child was on the way, and needed a van able to accomadate 3 child seats across the back. Eurovan was the only "minivan" which could. Slept once on the fold down bed- not bad. Averaging around 17.5 to 18 mpg combined. Have 5,500 miles on the clock. Great handling, performance for a van, with loads of room. I seated seven with 5 full size suit cases & 3 carry ons in the back. Climate control works fine, and engine configuration is accessible for those who want to work on engine.