Used 2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Volkswagen Eurovan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

A Joy to Drive!
By jerry

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd like to get a gas miser to drive, just so the oil exporting countries don't get more money, but I can't give up this ride. I have over 100,000 miles on it and it runs like new. It's never had a tune-up...no plugs, nothing. I change the oil every 5,000 miles; it doesn't burn it at all. The seating position gives me a great view of the road. It's like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room watching my HD big screen. It should have a popcorn popper built in. Besides being able to see traffic well, it handles like a car not a truck. It's built on a very strong truck frame, solid and secure. I can fold down all the back seats in seconds and put in 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.

Favorite Features

The seating comfort, good road visibility, and solid structure.

2002 Eurovan Poptop
By cathy

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Eurovan this summer for frequent weekend trips. It is wonderful, exactly what we needed. It's very roomy and easy to change the interior to match our needs. The seats come in and out quickly, The poptop is easy to put up. The car holds us, our kids, and our dogs with no problems. Put the bikes on the back and we are good to go. This is the best vehicle we have owned.

Favorite Features

RI like how it's roomy, big enough for camping, but not as big as an evil RV.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish that we could still get them in the US!

Perfect Only Vehicle
By Jerry Rezny

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Volkswagen EuroVan is the perfect vehicle for me because it can do everything. If I need to hold 7 passengers, it will. If I need to carry sheets of 4x8 plywood, it can. Want to bring my bike to the trail? No problem. Long trips...wonderful. This van is comfortable, has great visibility, is smooth riding and quiet! I love it!

Love my MV!
By CharlieD

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! I don't understand why more of these sold? I love my Eurovan MV - Comfy, usable space, easy to drive and the fit and finish is great. About the only thing I think I miss is rear AC, my kids have to wait a while to get cool on hot days. I plan on driving this car for a long time and I'm completely satisfied with its overall performance and ride. I can't find any safety data about the Eurovan, but I found a danish site that rated cars by accident per million miles and fatalities etc, and the VW van was rated excellent - for all years including the newer faster types like mine.

Favorite Features

General layout of floorplan is very good, thoughtful design everywhere. If I had to boil it down to a favorite feature - 200 HP engine - the "one" thing missing from all previous VW vans.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control would be nice. Plenty of roof space for solor powered cooling for when is parked.

3 Year Update
By jeff66

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I originally wrote a review back in Nov. 2002 when the van had only 5500 miles on it. Since then I have had no problems what so ever. Overall, the performance has been excellent. Had the engine replaced after my father hit a drainage grate on a newly built section of highway and it took out the oil pan - thanks WSDOT ! Engine replace with lower mileage engine and so far so good. The fuel economy is a little less than before, but may be due to using regular unleaded and more city driving - averaging around 16.5 - 17 mpg. Had to replace tires at 25K, and babied the Dunlops to get this much out of them. Keep wheels balance and van aligned per schedule. Otherwise van has been great.

Favorite Features

Room, Styling, transmission and motor, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Had slight problem with rear seat latch, better tires than the Dunlops - replaced mine with Nokians for all season. A little more lateral movement due to the tires, but it is not a sports can and the extra mileage is well worth it.