2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Misunderstood
By gunther on 07/30/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Editors comparing the EuroVan to a Honda Odyssey completely miss the point. The Euro is big. It's not a minivan. It's a full size van. Compared to the smallest minivans like the Odyssey, it's kinda boxy and rolls in the turns. But compared to a Dodge or GM full sized van or the bigger SUVs, well, there's no comparison. You can put seven full sized adults in a EuroVan and drive across the country comfortably. Try that in an Odyssey. You can move couches and washing machines and your old big-screen tv in a Euro. Try that in a Dodge Caravan. Your three-cart trip to Costco disappears in the EuroVan. And it's still reasonably fun to drive. It's heavy. 15 mpg if you're lucky. We love ours.

A Joy to Drive!
By jerry on 03/11/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd like to get a gas miser to drive, just so the oil exporting countries don't get more money, but I can't give up this ride. I have over 100,000 miles on it and it runs like new. It's never had a tune-up...no plugs, nothing. I change the oil every 5,000 miles; it doesn't burn it at all. The seating position gives me a great view of the road. It's like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room watching my HD big screen. It should have a popcorn popper built in. Besides being able to see traffic well, it handles like a car not a truck. It's built on a very strong truck frame, solid and secure. I can fold down all the back seats in seconds and put in 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.

Perfect Only Vehicle
By Jerry Rezny on 12/31/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Volkswagen EuroVan is the perfect vehicle for me because it can do everything. If I need to hold 7 passengers, it will. If I need to carry sheets of 4x8 plywood, it can. Want to bring my bike to the trail? No problem. Long trips...wonderful. This van is comfortable, has great visibility, is smooth riding and quiet! I love it!

good, but coud be so much better
By gary warren on 04/27/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a salesman with bulky samples to lug around it is perfect, small outside, huge inside. "removable" seats aren't very sophisticated, the driving position is very awkward, needs the Passat tilt wheel ( why DIDN'T THEY!)also needs a REAL overdrive to help improve mileage. The handling is quite good, feels solid, it IS a little noisy at speed . I have over 58,000 now and dealer says the A/C compressor might need replaced ?(choke) overall, it took awhile to "get used to" but it suits my needs quite well.

Just like my father's VW van - lousy
By Exeurovanowner on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had our Eurovan for about 1.5 years before we traded it in on a Honda. The car was in for warranty work on a regular basis. Fortunately, once something was fixed, it didn't seem to break again. Overall, the van was tippy, noisy, and poorly designed inside without convenience items like reachable cup holders. The rear seats are almost impossible to take out, which defeats the purpose of having a van in the first place.

Stand Out In The Crowd!
By Rudy28801 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

The most roomy and best looking of all vans I've seen.. Great to take out one of the middle seats and it's almost like a living room! We have 2 small kids and this is the best ( cargo and comfort) for a road trip/vacation. Have yet to have any problems to speak of.. A/C went out but dealer replaced it promptly (covered on warr.) Ride is nice but lots of noise from outside. I'd buy another in the future...

We are leaving the fo;d
By dandi-andi on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a nightmare. The broken air conditioner in the first month, ruined our vacation plans (we spent it in the repair shop instead) The tires wore out by 10,000. The seats are impossible to get out or back in. We think they are in securely and then 1 hour later they fall out, with a child in the seat. Can't drive with the windows open. The whole car vibrates and sounds like a helicoptor. Bad choise. Never again.

GREAT VAN
By JOHN M on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT VAN ALL AROUND! CARTER VW REALLY KNOWS THEIR VANS AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS!

The Breadbox
By Miocardian on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my EuroVan GLS for well over a year now, and I can't stop saying good things about it. Sure, it doesn't have all the "gizmos" that all the other minivans have, but in reality, this is a great vehicle. I always walk away with a smile on my face after I drive.

A Nice Alternative Worth Considering
By EuroDad on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

A good value given the standard equipment. Materials do not feel as cheap as in some competitor vans. Drives a bit more truck-like than some competitors but not harsh. The view is commanding and pick up is outstanding. We've averaged about 19.5 MPG so far. Features such as the storage shelf in the rear are great. My wife loves the room and that she can actually move between the seats easily as we are loading things. Build quality is generally good, but glove box has broken twice and a rattle in the door pillar caused by missing/ damaged liner clips from the factory was disappointing. Response from VW has been sympathetic but not what we hoped.