2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Best Vehicle Yet
By pathlesstravel on 07/04/14 17:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned many types of cars and minivans but our 2001 Eurovan weekender is by far the most flexible and fun even though it's now 13 years old. With 3 small kids and time off, my wife and I meandered 1,600 miles across California off the beaten path and had way too much fun. It's a home while on the road and the club seating means the kids face each other for hours of travel without fatigue. Anywhere we park the kids have a hangout. Mechanically it's quiet and powerful. We change the oil and trans fluid more frequently than specified by VW. It has 131,000 miles and still drives solid. Visibility is good and interior size feels generous. We are not a bells and whistles family.

Fantastic multi-purpose vehicle
By smallwisdom on 02/13/14 12:59 PM (PST)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 Eurovan used in 2006 with 70k miles. Now, in 2014, it has about 130k without any major mishap. That said, expect to spend about $1500/year on maintenance AND they are notorious for having the transmission die ($6K repair) between 40k-70k miles. 9 years later, our van has taken us on multiple camping trips and has gone to Burning Man several times. The engine runs a little rougher than it use to but it is still a very nice, drivable car for a large van. Sadly, I don't think our van will survive for very many more years because various bits are starting to fall apart, but it has not had a gentle life (we park it outside, take it camping, have kids, etc.).

Good Eurovan
By Brian on 08/30/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This ia a quilty vehicle. My family loves it. You can not beat it on a trip. Dose suck the gas though plus you have to use premium fuel.

By MacDaddy on 05/25/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this van. I had the transmission replaced, air compressor, front steering totally replaced, wiper motors, engine computer sensors, and bad tires because of poor steering alignment. I am in the process of kissing this hunk of junk good bye. I will not buy another VW product. In fact I warn others against it.

Zippy, roomy van
By Cheech on 08/09/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had VW vans in the past. I liked them for a bunch of reasons. The '01 Eurovan roomy and very comfortable, even traveling with my family of seven. It's already been said, but the Volkswagen Eurovan is decidedly different. It's shaped like a box where others are round and bubbly. It has a significantly higher driving position. It also offers unique options, such as rear-facing second-row seats, pull out beds, window curtains and a camper body. All that plus a few peace signs make this van easy to own.

V ersatile Vehicle
By Tubaman on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Eurovan used, less than a year old with about 11000 miles, still under warranty. No mechanical problems except a driveline seal replaced under warranty. (I've always had it serviced at University VW in Albuquerque.) I find it very comfortable to drive long distances, but my wife finds the seats too tall (seat to floor) for sustained comfort. Acceleration is fair with the VR6. Fuel economy is about 20 mpg. The E'van can pull a light trailer too.

It's not 1972 any more!
By peterr on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Originally purchased todrive our daughter from PA to FL to college, it has become an everyday favorite of mine and our first choice for any long distance driving. Exceptional power and handling that actually feels "Sporty", even on small country roads despite it's boxy appearance. The geared down 201HP V6 has great power. The weekend 4- some fits easily with 4 sets of golf clubs. Great at winter driving with ABS and traction control. Access requires quite a step up which can be problematic for older individuals.