1999 Volkswagen EuroVan 2.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The reviewers hate what the

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Review

The reviewers hate what the owners love
By bwendell on

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Initially quite pricey, but I have been won over and my wife loves it completely. There is no other van on the market that can do all the things this can. This is not a car and thus not an Odessy or Chrysler.It's a daily family driver, a camper,a hauler and a long-trip cruiser. It can cruise at 80 all day, has better seats than my Audi A4, handles safely if not sportily, and pulls my horse trailer.My brother purchased a 2000.5 and is very pleased, using it for both family use and to tow his SCCA race cars. It's far from perfect, but there is no competition in the marketplace.The idiosyncracies are a real problem only if you don't really need this type of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seating arrangement and pop-top, perfect size, general build quality, cruising ability, great in snow with proper tires fitted.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage (18-21) is good, but how about regular gas? Please find a better interior color than light grey. Front seating storage is poor.Alloy rims on these earlier models quickly scarred. Oil changes require extra work.A more modern chassis and driver's environment. Longer warranty.