1999 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Great EuroVan
By Brian on 11/13/05 09:44 AM (PST)

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

I just purchased a one owner 1999 VW Euro Van. My family loves this vehicle. Being a '99 this vehicle outperforms my new 2003 Kia Sedona. I am giving that van away for an older better vehicle. VW makes great vehicles. We are a total VW family now. We also have a 2005 VW Bettle TDI. Go VW!

Eurovan 1999
By LOVE on 05/16/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Continuous electrical problems that recur after dealership supposedly fixes them. Thank god for taken out an extended warranty. It is unfortunate that 1999 eurovans do not have any...recalls. It is one terrific vehicle as far as size is concerned. I live in VT. , put snow tires on in the winter and have never gotten stuck. The handling has been super although I wish they would have considered putting in safer seat belts in the two rear facing buckets seat. Limited seats for children especially still in seat belts. Quite pricely when needed to have repairs.

Perfect
By Bill Tu on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Powerful,good handly,good milage, good view fm side mirrors, big enough trunk, big capacity, classic exterior style very unique compare w/other minivan, good price, 3drs only but easy to in and out, good for whole family face to face.

The reviewers hate what the owners love
By bwendell on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Initially quite pricey, but I have been won over and my wife loves it completely. There is no other van on the market that can do all the things this can. This is not a car and thus not an Odessy or Chrysler.It's a daily family driver, a camper,a hauler and a long-trip cruiser. It can cruise at 80 all day, has better seats than my Audi A4, handles safely if not sportily, and pulls my horse trailer.My brother purchased a 2000.5 and is very pleased, using it for both family use and to tow his SCCA race cars. It's far from perfect, but there is no competition in the marketplace.The idiosyncracies are a real problem only if you don't really need this type of vehicle.