Used 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Volkswagen Eurovan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

Best first car
By taizo

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

My dad bought our Eurovan back in 1997, when I was just a yungun (more than I am now), and ever since then our family has had great experience after great experience in this van. This is the car I learned to drive on, and I have to say after putting several thousand miles on it, I love it. Yes, I have driven other standard shift cars (some very sporty ones at that), and after nearly 200K the gearbox is still great. Until it was about 12 years old, it had absolutely no mechanical issues. Sure, parts and repairs can be expensive as heck, but that doesn't take away from how amazing this van is. Just the other day I drove it over the 193,000 mile mark, and I can't wait to get it to 200,000

Favorite Features

Great visibility, easy to drive, great learning vehicle, you can beat the heck out of it, fantastic build quality, great rust protection (coming from the northwest!), ok fuel efficiency for the type of vehicle, awesome for camping, comfortable seats, momentum, momentum, momentum, forgiving tranny, simple controls, easily accessible dash layout, super reliable, German, people mover, junk mover, A/C, fridge, dinner table, soccer parents, pop-up westfalia top, sleeps two adults and two kids, plenty of room for tall people (I'm 6'5" and i fit with headroom to spare), really modifiable, 7 passenger max, if you get in a crash, chances are you'll be on top (alive), not enough room for anything else

Suggested Improvements

noisy on the highway, plastic accessories break after a while (cupholders, handles, etc.), stiff ride, heavy, sways on tight turns, underpowered, everything from the engine to the gearbox is about maximizing torque, need to install a CD player if you want more than stock

The Van I Love and Hate
By Kate

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

I bought my 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan for the interior space, which is phenominal! You can fit anything you need to into it from building materials to furniture to people. BUT it has been a pit that I have sunk a lot of money into repairing over and over. I've been towed so often the local towtruck driver knows it's me as soon as he gets the call! I love my van - I an just so disappointed that it hasn't been reliable. It is now worth more in parts than as a whole. I can't sell it because I love it, but can't drive it because it won't stay running.

Favorite Features

The visibility, the interior space and headroom, the back seats that face each other - great for outings with the kids, the table, that all the seats remove and create a HUGE amount of room, how it holds 4x8 sheets of plywood and keeps 'em out of the weather. The Eurovan is better than a pickup!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the later models got better, but the reliability has gotten poorer and poorer the older it has gotten. the steering wheel cumbersome. It needs more power (which later models got). It should be easier for the home mechanic to work on.

93 Eurovan MV Weekender
By emo

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

Love this car, 188k miles - runs and looks great. I've been missing my 67 VW Microbus since I sold it in 1978. I need to add a cd player, some Grateful Dead stickers and hit the road. The Euro even has heat and great a/c - what a concept! Toledo Joe: buy a Buick and quit whining.

Favorite Features

Great visibility, short turning radius, Chloe (the dog) loves it too.

Suggested Improvements

The poptop rattles while underway, the teal color is a bit 80-ish. VW, with all its quirks and oddities, still rule!

Cross Country Road Warrior
By sll

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

I have logged 150,000 miles in my weekender. Form Key West to Montana, San Fransico tom Maine. Wonderful traveling machine. Great at beach, in desert and in mountains (Standard Trans. helps). Comfortable and economical. People are always suprised when I tell them the mileage. Most think it's pretty new. Looking to replace it soon.

Favorite Features

Pop top allows standing headroom. Full curtain coverage great for privacy. Lots of room and great vision.

Suggested Improvements

Tires don't seem to last long. Too small and require to much pressure.

super bus
By cercole

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan

I've driven my eurovan across the country and back the first summer I owned it. It was the best vacation I've ever had. This is my favorate VW to date. I drive my VW back and forth to the city every day and it's never let me down. It's a very well built vehicle.

Favorite Features

Rear seat that folds into a bed. factory curtins factory folding table. relibility.

Suggested Improvements

None.