1993 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Awesome Rig
By thomage on 11/29/12 19:31 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Bought the Eurovan with a wheelchair lift to haul my mom & dad around. Drove it 2200 miles with them. No big problems: New tires, changed oil, change brake fluid and had to fix ECU (vacuum tube had gone out) Fun to drive, great road view, lot of room for things. Cheap interior parts, electrical parts cheap too

93 vw eurovan=weekender
By jenny on 01/14/10 19:51 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

while i love my 17 year old car it has been a money pit it just broke 100,000 and should have tons of life left since i have gingerly taken care of it, but it doesn't...i missed the 4500 $rebate opportunity so im kinda out luck on my trade, i have a real fear of every buying vw again, maintenance very high on higher end models. and no one knows how to work on them. but i must say if i can have another engine he put in and eliminate the vw guts of the vehicle i would totally keep the car.

20 MPG and two tones
By 5 Zyl on 02/11/09 18:09 PM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Not even Volkswagen engineers can get around the laws of physics. But I find they strike reasonable compromises. If it costs a lot of money to fix you need a better mechanic. I know I am that better mechanic. 20 mpg and a curb weight of over 5000 lbs is unheard of, my van does not even have the 102 load index tires yet (there 94 not stiff enough side wall, more rolling resistance ya know). I expect to pick up another 2 mpg from that change alone. The brake pads don't last long if you don't use stab breaking technique. The 5 speed is the only way to go in my opinion. I've heard 17 sec. 0to60, I cant get it to accelerate that slow even if I try. You can't get a better passenger van for camping hands down.

I shopped around
By WILSMAN2 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

I was looking for something bigger with more room for people and cargo. I love this van. Easy to drive, roomy, great visability, short turning radius, and not your typical minivan. I drove a ton of used vans before I settled on thie one and I am very happy that I did.

Worst vehicle ever
By Toledo Joe on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

I bought a Eurovan from a someone because my wife loved VWs. Within one year of ownership, we had transmission problems, stalling issues, the A/C went out, and it needs a new catalytic converter. In addition to other stupid problems, like the door locks quit working, etc. I've put more money into this than any other car I've ever owned. Volkswagens cost too much to repair. Also, it is underpowered, having only about 100 horsepower on a vehicle of this size, it loses speed going up hills on the highway. After this and my wife's lousy Jetta, I will never buy another VW product again.

1993 EuroVan - "TANK"
By WayneSanJoseCA on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Bought 7/3/2003. I've all ready given it a nickname "TANK". This van was is rough shape. Looked like it was used as a farm truck, but for a 10 year old vehicle it is as tight as the one I road tested from the dealer two weeks ago. No rattles. Everything works like it was designed to. It will take a few weeks to fix the little stuff and clean it up but runs good and still has lots of useful life.

yak
By Big blue on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Neat car, fun to drive, a little different - not a lot on the road. Throttle has an inherent lag which is a bit annoying and takes a little practice to drive smoothly. This is especially true when cold. Heated seats are a joy. The interior heating system provides way more heat and faster than you'll experience in any other brand. Parts prices are reasonable. Shop charges can be high so it's helpful if you can do some of the rudimentary work yourself. Fit, finish and rustproofness are outstanding as is visibility. Brakes are above average. Very comfortable and stable vehicle. It's heavy weight contributes a lot to that.