Used 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

Awesome Rig
By thomage

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Bought the Eurovan with a wheelchair lift to haul my mom & dad around. Drove it 2200 miles with them. No big problems: New tires, changed oil, change brake fluid and had to fix ECU (vacuum tube had gone out) Fun to drive, great road view, lot of room for things. Cheap interior parts, electrical parts cheap too

93 vw eurovan=weekender
By jenny

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

while i love my 17 year old car it has been a money pit it just broke 100,000 and should have tons of life left since i have gingerly taken care of it, but it doesn't...i missed the 4500 $rebate opportunity so im kinda out luck on my trade, i have a real fear of every buying vw again, maintenance very high on higher end models. and no one knows how to work on them. but i must say if i can have another engine he put in and eliminate the vw guts of the vehicle i would totally keep the car.

the interior configuration/limo style, awesome with kids

a more powerful, reliable motor/transmission.

20 MPG and two tones
By 5 Zyl

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

Not even Volkswagen engineers can get around the laws of physics. But I find they strike reasonable compromises. If it costs a lot of money to fix you need a better mechanic. I know I am that better mechanic. 20 mpg and a curb weight of over 5000 lbs is unheard of, my van does not even have the 102 load index tires yet (there 94 not stiff enough side wall, more rolling resistance ya know). I expect to pick up another 2 mpg from that change alone. The brake pads don't last long if you don't use stab breaking technique. The 5 speed is the only way to go in my opinion. I've heard 17 sec. 0to60, I cant get it to accelerate that slow even if I try. You can't get a better passenger van for camping hands down.

On-Board Diagnostics laptop computer based/VAG COM.You can get a factory manual on a DVD-ROM. Lying in the back on a 90 deg. day pushing the remote start button and firing up its dual air conditioners after a long day of fishing!!!

Cannot think of a single thing.

I shopped around
By WILSMAN2

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

I was looking for something bigger with more room for people and cargo. I love this van. Easy to drive, roomy, great visability, short turning radius, and not your typical minivan. I drove a ton of used vans before I settled on thie one and I am very happy that I did.

Visability, roomy, front and rear air, turning radius

Gas mileage is not as good as it could be, but for a vechicle this size it's about wht anyone could expect

Worst vehicle ever
By Toledo Joe

1993 Volkswagen EuroVan GL 3dr Minivan

I bought a Eurovan from a someone because my wife loved VWs. Within one year of ownership, we had transmission problems, stalling issues, the A/C went out, and it needs a new catalytic converter. In addition to other stupid problems, like the door locks quit working, etc. I've put more money into this than any other car I've ever owned. Volkswagens cost too much to repair. Also, it is underpowered, having only about 100 horsepower on a vehicle of this size, it loses speed going up hills on the highway. After this and my wife's lousy Jetta, I will never buy another VW product again.

None

Put a real engine in it and be more reliable. I've had it in the shop almost as much as in my garage.